Framework of Integrated System for the Innovation of Mold Manufacturing Through Process Integration and Collaboration
The mold industry can be characterized as small businesses which hold only less than 10 to 20 people in most countries. A medium-size mold company has cooperated with its small suppliers to overcome this situation and to finish mold manufacturing processes from order to delivery. However, the collaboration in the mold value chain has not been preformed well because of the lack of the management transparency and manufacturing history, off-line communication of manufacturing information, etc. This study proposes a framework of the integrated system which can realize the concept of a mold value chain consisted of a medium mold company and its suppliers on the Internet. First of all, the current manufacturing process performed in the extended enterprise is analyzed using BPMN (business process modeling notation). The user requirements are collected by the interview with shop floor mangers and workers, and the major system functions are extracted from these requirements using KJ method. This study proposes the PPR (product/process/ resource)-based architecture of the master data which plays a key role in the integrated database and the system framework consisted of six sub-systems. Finally, this study implements its prototype to check the validity of the system framework.
Keywordscollaboration manufacturing process BPMN (business process modeling notation) user requirement master data integrated system
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.Choi, B.K.: B2B pilot project for the die/mould industry in Korea. In: Asia e-Biz workshop, Beijing, China (2001) Google Scholar
- 2.KITECH and KDMIC: Report on the survey of technology and management environment of mould and die shops in Korea (2002) Google Scholar
- 3.Kim, B.H., Ko, K.H., Choi, B.K.: Technical Issues in the Construction of Intelligent Mould Shop. In: IMS International Forum 2004, Como, Italy, pp. 62–69 (May 2004)Google Scholar
- 4.e-Manufacturing Project Team, KITECH: New Innovation of Manufacturing Industry, e-Manufacturing Project, pp. 136-144 (December 2005) Google Scholar
- 5.KITECH: International Forum on Manufacturing Innovation (2005), http://mif.i-mfg.com
- 6.BPMI.org: Business Process Modeling Notation (BPMN), Version 1.0 – (May 2004)Google Scholar