A Spatial Watermarking Algorithm for Video Images
The lack of control inherent to digital content has been put on the spotlight by copyright infringement coupled with massive content online distribution (e.g., Peer-to-Peer). Digital Rights Management seems to be the solution to counter this problem advocating the use of cryptography and other related security mechanisms to protect digital content and to associate rights with it which determine how, when and by whom it can be consumed. The rapid growth of digital multimedia technologies brings tremendous attention to the field of digital watermarking. Watermarking embeds a secret message into a cover multimedia data. In media watermarking the secret is usually a copyright notice and the cover a digital image. In digital watermarking, robustness is still a challenging problem if different sets of attacks needed to be tolerated simultaneously. In this paper we present an original spatial watermarking technique for video and images. Our approach modifies blocks of the image or frames by a spatial watermark insertion. Spatial mask of suitable size is used to hide data with less visual impairments. Watermark insertion process exploits average color of the homogeneity regions of the cover image. We took a frame-based approach to video watermarking. From video we extract a certain number of key-frames: the first, the middle, and last key-frame. The first step is decoding: transformation of mpeg to jpeg sequences, after that we select three frames that will be process by applying the watermark mask. In the reverse process of encoding we take the marked frames.
Keywordsvideo watermarking robustness multimedia JPEG algorithm
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.Hsu, C.T., Wu, J.-L.: Image Watermarking by Wavelet Decomposition. Academy of Information and Management Sciences Journal 3(1), 70–86 (2000)Google Scholar
- 3.Wong, P.H.: A data hiding technique in JPEG domain compressed domain. In: Proceeding of SPIE Conf. of Security and Watermarking Multimedia Contents, vol. 4314, pp. 1820–1827 (2001)Google Scholar
- 4.Holliman, N.: Adaptive public watermarking of DCT-based compressed images. In: Proc. Of SPIE-The international society for optional engineering, pp. 284–295 (1998)Google Scholar
- 5.Katzenbesser, S., Petitcolas, F.A.P.: Information Hidden Techniques for Steganography and Digital Watermarking, Artech House, Boston, MA, pp. 1512–1519 (2000)Google Scholar
- 6.Burdescu, D.D., Stanescu, L.: An Algorithm for Authentication of Digital Images. In: Proceedings of International Conference on Security and Cryptography, pp. 303–308 (2006)Google Scholar