On the Homonymous Role in Role-Based Discretionary Access Control
Secure model is a core aspect in trusted information system and a key research field of trusted computing. Based on the extensive research of the Role Based Access Control (RBAC) model and the security operating system standards, we put forward the concept of homonymous role, which extends the control categories of the role in RBAC, balances the control granularity and the storage space requirement, and carries the detailed access control into execution. Based on the homonymous role, we also facilitate the homonymous control domain capability in the Discretionary Access Control (DAC) system. Finally, we design and implement our homonymous control domain on FreeBSD to enhance the flexibility of the access control.
KeywordsAccess Control Access Control Model Access Control Mechanism Control Granularity Storage Space Requirement
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.Zheng, Y., He, D., Yu, W., Tang, X.: Trusted Computing-Based Security Architecture for 4G Mobile Networks. In: Proceedings of the Sixth International Conference on Parallel and Distributed Computing, Applications and Technologies, pp. 251–255 (2005)Google Scholar
- 2.Ferraiolo, D., Cugini, J., Kuhn, D.R.: Role Based Access Control (RBAC): Features and Motivations. In: Proceedings of 1995 Computer Security Applications Conference, pp. 241–248 (1995)Google Scholar
- 3.Nyanchama, M., Osborn, S.: Access Rights Administration in Role-based Security Systems. In: Database Security. In IFIP Workshop on Database Security, pp. 37–56 (1994)Google Scholar
- 4.Ferraiolo, D., Sandhu, R., Gavrila, S., Kuhn, D.R., Chandramouli, R.: A Proposed Standard for Role Based Access Control. ACM Transactions on Information and System Security 224–274 (2001)Google Scholar
- 6.Sandhu, R.S, Munawer, Q.: How to Do Discretionary Access Control Using Roles. In: Proceedings of the Third ACM Workshop on Role-Based Access Control, New York, pp. 47–54 (1998)Google Scholar
- 7.Zhang, K., Jin, W.: Putting Role-based Discretionary Access Control into Practice. In: Proceedings of the Third International Conference on Machine Learning and Cybernetics, pp. 2691–2696 (2004)Google Scholar
- 8.Watson, R., Feldman, B., Migus, A., Vance, C.: Design and implementation of the TrustedBSD MAC framework. In: Proceeding of Third DARPA Information Survivability Conference and Exhibition, Washington, DC, vol. 2, pp. 13–15 (2003)Google Scholar