Towards Trustworthy Resource Selection: A Fuzzy Reputation Aggregation Approach
To guarantee trustworthiness and reliability of resource selection, entity’s reputation is a key factor that decides our selection, no matter who is provider or consumer. Built on top of idea of SOA, based on fuzzy logic methods of optimal membership degree, the approach is efficient to deal with uncertainty, fuzziness, and incompleteness of information in systems, and finally builds instructive decision. By applying the approach using eBay transaction statistical data, the paper demonstrates the final integrative decision order in various conditions. Compared with other methods, this approach has better overall consideration, accords with human selection psychology naturally.
KeywordsMembership Degree Total Order Resource Provider Resource Selection Relative Membership Degree
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 2.Yao, W., Julita, V.: Trust and Reputation Model in Peer-to-Peer Networks. In: Proceedings of the 3rd IEEE International Conference on Peer-to-Peer Computing, pp. 150–158. IEEE Computer Society, Linkping (2003)Google Scholar
- 3.Dengfeng, L.: Fuzzy Multiobjective Many-person Decision Makings and Games[M]. National Defense Industry Press, Beijing (2003)Google Scholar
- 4.Marsh, S.: Formalising trust as a computational concept. PhD Thesis. Scotland, University of Stirling (1994)Google Scholar
- 5.Blaze, M., Feigenbaum, J., Lacy, J.: Decentralized trust management. In: Dale, J., Dinolt, G. (eds.) Proceedings of the 17th Symposium on Security and Privacy, pp. 164–173. IEEE Computer Society Press, Oakland (1996)Google Scholar
- 6.Shanshan, S., Kai, H., Mikin, M.: Fuzzy Trust Integration for Security Enforcement in Grid Computing. In: Jin, H., Gao, G.R., Xu, Z., Chen, H. (eds.) NPC 2004. LNCS, vol. 3222, Springer, Heidelberg (2004)Google Scholar
- 7.Beulah, K.A.: Grid EigenTrust: A Framework for Computing Reputation in Grids. MS thesis, Department of Computer Science, Illinois Institute of Technology (November 2003)Google Scholar
- 8.Xiong, L., Lin, L.: PeerTrust: Supporting Reputation-Based Trust in Peer-to-Peer Communities. IEEE Transactions on Knowledge and Data Engineering, Special Issue on Peer-to-Peer Based Data Management 16(7) (July 2004)Google Scholar
- 10.Yan, S., Wei, Y., Zhu, H., Liu, K.J.R.: Information theoretic framework of trust modeling and evaluation for ad hoc networks, Selected Areas in Communications. IEEE Journal on 24(2) (February 2006)Google Scholar
- 11.Florina, A., Andres, M., Daniel, D., Juan, S.: Developing a Model for Trust Management in Pervasive Devices. In: Third IEEE International Workshop on Pervasive Computing and Communication Security (PerSec 2006), at Fourth Annual IEEE International Conference on Pervasive Computing and Communications (March 2006)Google Scholar