Reasoning About Willingness in Networks of Agents
The i* Strategic Dependency model has been successfully employed to analyze trust relationships of networks of agents during the early stages of multiagent systems development. However, the model only supports limited trust reasoning due to its limitation to deal with the vulnerability of the depender regarding the failure of the dependency. In this paper, we introduce the concept of willingness, which provides a solution to the above problem and therefore allows a more complete analysis and reasoning of trust relationships in networks of agents.
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 2.Carter, J., Bitting, E., Ghorbani, A.A.: Reputation Formalization within Information Sharing Multiagent Architectures. In: Proc. of Computational Intelligence, pp. 45–64 (2002)Google Scholar
- 3.Castelfranchi, C., Falcone, R.: Principles of trust for MAS: cognitive anatomy, social importance, and quantification. In: Proc. of Int. Conf. of Multi-Agent Systems (ICMAS’98), pp. 72–79 (1998)Google Scholar
- 4.Faulkner, S., Dehousse, S.: A Delegation Model for Designing Collaborative Multi-agent Systems. In: Khosla, R., Howlett, R.J., Jain, L.C. (eds.) KES 2005. LNCS (LNAI), vol. 3682, pp. 858–865. Springer, Heidelberg (2005)Google Scholar
- 5.Giorgini, P., Massacci, F., Mylopoulos, J., Zannone, N.: Filling the gap between Requirements Engineering and Public Key/Trust Management. In: Proc. of 2nd Int. Conf. on Trust Management, iTrust’04 (2004)Google Scholar
- 6.Giorgini, P., Masscci, F., Mylopoulos, J., Zannone, N.: Modeling Security Requirements Through Ownership, Permission and Delegation. In: Proc. of 13th IEEE Int. Conf. on Requirements Engineering (RE’05), IEEE Computer Society Press, Los Alamitos (2005)Google Scholar
- 7.Liu, L., Yu, E.S.K., Mylopoulos, J.: Security and Privacy Requirements Analysis within a Social Setting. In: Proc. of 11th IEEE Int. Conf. on Requirements Engineering (RE’03), pp. 151–161 (2003)Google Scholar
- 8.Wooldridge, M.: An Introduction to MultiAgent Systems. John Wiley and Sons, Chichester (2002)Google Scholar
- 9.Yu, E.S.K., Mylopoulos, J.: From E-R to “A-R” - Modelling Strategic Actor Relationships for Business Process Reengineering. In: Loucopoulos, P. (ed.) ER 1994. LNCS, vol. 881, pp. 548–565. Springer, Heidelberg (1994)Google Scholar