Context-Dependent User Modelling for Smart Homes
This works presents a user modelling service for a Smart Home – intelligent context-aware environment, providing personalized proactive support to its inhabitants. Diversity of Smart Home applications imposes various technical and implementation requirements, such as the need to model dependency of user preferences on context in a unified and convenient way, both for users and for application developers. This paper introduces the service architecture and currently implemented functionalities: stereotypes-based profiles initialisation; a GUI for acquisition of context-dependent and context-independent preferences, which provides an easy way to create own concepts of context ontology and to map them into already existing concepts; and a method to learn context-dependent user preferences from interaction history.
KeywordsUser Model Context Awareness Smart Home
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.Korpipää, P., Häkkilä, J., Kela, J., Ronkainen, S., Känsälä, I.: Utilising Context Ontology in Mobile Device Application Personalisation. In: Proc. MuM, pp. 133–140 ( 2004)Google Scholar
- 2.Masthoff, J.: Group Modeling: Selecting a Sequence of Television Items to Suit a Group of Viewers. User Modeling and User-Adapted Interaction 14, 37–85 ( 2004)Google Scholar
- 4.Ardissono, L., Gena, C., Torasso, P., Bellifemine, F., Chiarotto, A., Difino, A., Negro, B.: User Modeling and Recommendation Techniques for Personalized electronic Program Guides, Personalization and User Adaptive Interaction in Digital Television, 6, pp. 3–26 ( 2004)Google Scholar
- 6.Amigo project. http://www.amigo-project.org
- 7.Rich, E.: Readings in Intelligent User Interfaces. Springer, Heidelberg (1998)Google Scholar