Complexity Reduction of Constant Matrix Computations over the Binary Field
In this work an algorithm for realizing a multiplication of a vector by a constant matrix over the binary field with few two-input XOR-gates is proposed. This type of problem occurs in, e.g., Galois field computations, syndrome computation for linear error correcting codes, cyclic redundancy checks (CRCs), linear feedback shift-registers (LFSRs), and implementations of the Advanced Encryption Standard (AES) algorithm. As the proposed algorithm can utilize cancellation of terms it outperforms in general previously proposed algorithms based on sub-expression sharing.
Keywordsbinary field low-complexity Galois field arithmetic constant multiplication
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- Hu, Q., Wang, Z., Zhang, J., Xiao, J.: Low Complexity Parallel Chien Search Architecture for RS Decoder. In: Proceedings of IEEE International Symposium on Circuits and Systems, Kobe, Japan, May 2005, vol. 1, pp. 340–343 (2005)Google Scholar
- Olofsson, M.: VLSI Aspects on Inversion in Finite Fields. PhD thesis, Linköping University, Linköping, Sweden, No. 731 (February 2002)Google Scholar
- Bull, D.R., Horrocks, D.H.: Primitive Operator Digital Filters. IEE Proceedings G 138(3), 401–412 (1991)Google Scholar
- Flores, P., Monteiro, J., Costa, E.: An Exact Algorithm for the Maximal Sharing of Partial Terms in Multiple Constant Multiplications. In: IEEE/ACM International Conference on Computer-Aided Design, San Jose, CA, November 2005, pp. 13–16 (2005)Google Scholar
- Gustafsson, O., Wanhammar, L.: ILP Modelling of the Common Subexpression Sharing Problem. In: International Conference on Electronics, Circuits and Systems. Dubrovnik, Croatia, vol. 3, pp. 1171–1174 (September 2002)Google Scholar