Software Implementation of Arithmetic in Open image in new window
Fast arithmetic for characteristic three finite fields Open image in new window is desirable in pairing-based cryptography because there is a suitable family of elliptic curves over Open image in new window having embedding degree 6. In this paper we present some structure results for Gaussian normal bases of Open image in new window , and use the results to devise faster multiplication algorithms. We carefully compare multiplication in Open image in new window using polynomial bases and Gaussian normal bases. Finally, we compare the speed of encryption and decryption for the Boneh-Franklin and Sakai-Kasahara identity-based encryption schemes at the 128-bit security level, in the case where supersingular elliptic curves with embedding degrees 2, 4 and 6 are employed.
KeywordsElliptic Curf Normal Basis Cube Root Nonzero Term Cryptology ePrint Archive
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- Barreto, P.: A note on efficient computation of cube roots in characteristic 3, Technical Report 2004/305, Cryptology ePrint Archive (2004)Google Scholar
- Boyen, X., Martin, L.: Identity-based cryptography standard (IBCS) #1: Supersingular curve implementations of the BF and BB1 cryptosystems, IETF Internet Draft (December 2006)Google Scholar
- Galbraith, S., Paterson, K., Smart, N.: Pairings for cryptographers, Technical Report 2006/165, Cryptology ePrint Archive (2006)Google Scholar
- Intel Corporation, IA-32 Intel Architecture Software Developer’s Manual, Vol. 1: Basic Architecture. Number 245470-007 (2002), available from http://developer.intel.com.
- Miyaji, A., Nakabayashi, M., Takano, S.: New explicit conditions of elliptic curve traces for FR-reduction. IEICE Transactions on Fundamentals of Electronics, Communications and Computer Sciences E84-A, 1234–1243 (2001)Google Scholar
- Sakai, R., Kasahara, M.: ID based cryptosystems with pairing on elliptic curve, Technical Report 2003/054, Cryptology ePrint Archive (2003)Google Scholar
- Schirokauer, O.: The number field sieve for integers of low weight, Technical Report 2006/107, Cryptology ePrint Archive (2006)Google Scholar
- Scott, M.: Computing the Tate pairing. In: Menezes, A.J. (ed.) CT-RSA 2005. LNCS, vol. 3376, pp. 293–304. Springer, Heidelberg (2005)Google Scholar
- Scott, M.: MIRACL – Multiprecision Integer and Rational Arithmetic C Library, http://www.computing.dcu.ie/~mike/miracl.html
- Scott, M.: Implementing cryptographic pairings, preprint (2006)Google Scholar
- Weaver, D., Germond, T. (eds.): The SPARC Architecture Manual (Version 9). Prentice-Hall, Englewood Cliffs (1994)Google Scholar