Roadmap-Based Collision-Free Motion Planning for Multiple Moving Agents in a Smart Home Environment
This paper proposes an approach to collision-free navigation for multiple moving agents in a smart home environment using the visibility map which is one of road maps. The visibility map plans collision-free paths of agents against stationary obstacles. The collision-free paths are represented by Hermite curves taking into consideration smoothness of the path and its first derivative. For collision-free motion planning among multiple moving agents, the collision map scheme proposed to effectively analyze collisions between two robots is employed. According to the result of the collision analysis, time scheduling is applied for realizing collision avoidance. Simulation results show the effectiveness and feasibility of the proposed approach in collision-free navigation of multiple moving agents.
KeywordsCollision-free Motion Planning Multiple Agents Visibility Map
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.Akella, A., Hutchinson, S.: Coordinating the motions of multiple robots with specified trajectories. In: IEEE International Conference on Robotics and Automation, pp. 624–631 (2002)Google Scholar
- 2.Lee, B.H., Lee, C.S.G.: Collision-free motion planning of two robots: IEEE Transactions on Systems, Man and Cybernetics, SMC-17(1) (1987)Google Scholar
- 5.Meyer, W., Benedict, P.: Path planning and the geometry of joint space obstacles. In: IEEE International Conference on Robotics and Automation, pp. 215–219 (1988)Google Scholar
- 9.Fujimura, K.: Motion Planning in Dynamic Environment. In: Computer Science Workbench. LNCS, Springer, Heidelberg (1991)Google Scholar
- 11.Ji, S.H., Choi, J.S., Lee, B.H.: A Computational Interactive Approach to Multi-agent Motion Planning. International Journal of Control, Automation, and Systems (in press) (2007)Google Scholar