An Authentication Architecture Dedicated to Dependent People in Smart Environments
Nowadays the concept of ”pervasive computing” is fully deployed in smart environments to bring more comfort and to allow an easy access to services for users. Due to this fact it is essential to reconsider some security service delivery in smart environments. The authentication service is tightly related to the user and must imperatively take into account his capacities, his preferences and his environment, to be efficient for dependent people. In this paper we propose a new architecture able to provide an intelligent authentication based on modelisation parameters of both the environment and the user profile which are used to build an authentication strategy.
KeywordsPervasive computing smart home user profile dependent people security authentication biometrics
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.Coen, M.: Design principles for intelligent environments. In: Proceedings of the fifteenth National Conference on Artificial Intelligence (AAAAI98), Madison, WI, pp. 547–554 (1998)Google Scholar
- 2.Burnside, M., Clarke, D., Mills, T., Maywah, A., Devadas, S., Rivest, R.: Proxy based security protocols in networked mobile device. In: Proceedings of ACM Symposium on Applied Computing (SAC 2002), Madrid, Spain (March 2002)Google Scholar
- 3.Matthew, M.C.: Generalized role based access control for securing future applications. In: Proceedings of the 23rd National Information Systems Security Conference, Baltimore, MD (October 2000)Google Scholar
- 4.Gill, B., Viswanathan, P., Campbell, R.: Security architecture in GAIA, Technical report, UIUCDCS-R-2001-2215 UILU-ENG-2001-1720, University of Illinois at Urbana, Champaign, IL, USA (2001)Google Scholar
- 5.Al-Muhtadi, J.F.: An Intelligent authentication infrastructure for ubiquitous computing environments, PhD thesis, University of Illinois, Urbana-Champaign, IL, USA (2005)Google Scholar
- 6.Hedberg, S.R.: After desktop computing: a progress report on smart environments research. IEEE Intelligent Systems and Their Applications Magazine 15(5), 7–9 (September-October 2000)Google Scholar
- 7.Mhamed, A., Mokhtari, M.: Providing a new Authentication Tool for Dependant people in Pervasive Environments. In: Proc. of the IEEE International Conference on Information & Communication Technologies (ICTTA04), Damascus, Syria (April 2006)Google Scholar
- 8.Specht, M., Burkhardt, J.M., De La GarzaC.: De lactivit des ans confronts aux nouvelles technologies, Retraite et Socit, Technologie et Vieillissement, vol. 26/2, pp. 21–38Google Scholar
- 10.Sirbu, M.A., Chung-I Chuang, J.: Distributed Authentication in Kerberos Using Public Key Cryptography, Internet Society 1997, Symposium on Network and Distributed System Security (February 1997)Google Scholar
- 11.Feki, M.A., Mokhtari, M.: Context awareness for pervasive assistive environment, in IDEA publisher (ed.) Ismail Khalil Ibrahim, Handbook of Research on Mobile Multimedia. Idea Group Publisher (May 22, 2006) ISBN: 1-59140Google Scholar