Implementing Digital Right Management in P2P Content Sharing System
With the enrichment of digital content over the Internet, more and more people are using software for content sharing especially for multimedia content sharing, and most of these softwares are on the basis of P2P architecture which makes good use of high scalability and high efficiency. However, most P2P file sharing systems do not have security mechanism to protect intellectual property of authors and issuers. Moreover, it is difficult to control each peer’s behavior due to its self-control principle and light-weight server. So we propose a new system based on P2P architecture for file sharing, to which we apply new DRM(Digital Right Management) mechanisms. Results have shown that our system outperforms other systems in features of security, server load and scalability.
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.Iwata, T., Abe, T., Ueda, K., Sunaga, H.: A DRM system suitable for P2P content delivery and the study on its implementation. The 9th Asia-Pacific Conference, vol.2, pp. 806–811 (September 2003)Google Scholar
- 2.Kalker, T., Epema, D.H.J., Hartel, P.H.: Music2Share-Copyright-Compliant Music Sharing in P2P System. In: Proceeding of the IEEE, vol. 92(6) (June 2004)Google Scholar
- 3.Kwok, S.H., Lui, S.M.: A License Management Model to Support B2C and C2C Music Sharing. In: 10th International World Wide Web Conference, Hong Kong, pp. 136–137 (May 2001)Google Scholar
- 4.Kwok, S.H., Lui, S.M.: A license management model for peer-to-peer music sharing. International Journal of Information Technology and Decision Making 3, 541–558 (2002)Google Scholar
- 5.Kumar, S., Girimondo, M., Weimerskirch, A.: Embedded End-to-End Wireless Security with ECDH Key Exchange. In: Proceeding of 46th IEEE Midwest International Symposium on Circuits and Systems, vol. 2, pp. 786–789 (December 2003)Google Scholar
- 6.Barbera, M., Lombardo, A., Schembra, G., Tribastone, M.: A Markov model of a freerider in a BitTorrent P2P network. In: IEEE Global Telecommunications Conference, vol. 2 (November 2005)Google Scholar
- 7.Kamvar, S.D., Schlosser, M.T., Garcia-Molina, H.: The Eigentrust algorithm for reputation management in P2P networks. In: Proceedings of the 12th international conference on World Wide Web, pp. 640–651 (2003)Google Scholar
- 8.Aberer, K., Cudr-Mauroux, P., Datta, A.: P-Grid: A Self-Organizing Access Structure for P2P Information Systems. SPECIAL ISSUE: Special topic section on peer to peer data management 32, 29–33 (2003)Google Scholar