An Improved Algorithm for Alhusaini’s Algorithm in Heterogeneous Distributed Systems
In most of mapping Algorithms for application in HDC, the Alhusaini’s method is one of the most important Algorithms. However, we find there are some weaknesses in Alhusaini’s method though the experiments and analysis. So, we propose a two-phase algorithm called 2-phases dynamic resource co-allocation algorithm (2PDRCA) based on Alhusaini’s method. The first phase only generates the data that will be used in the second phase. The second phase will selected a set of independent tasks and allocate according to the weight of each task in our method. The simulation results show that the method is effective, and solves the problem such as Low efficiency of Alhusaini’s method in communication intension application.
KeywordsAlhusaini’s Algorithm Improved Algorithm Dynamic Resource Mapping Weighted Compatibility Graph Heterogeneous Distributed Systems
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.Wang, L.Z., Cai, W.T., Lee, B.S., et al.: Resource co-allocation for parallel task s in computational grids[C]. In: Proceedings of the International Workshop on Challenges of Large Application s in Distributed Environments, pp. 88–95. IEEE Computer Society Press, Los Alamitos (2003)CrossRefGoogle Scholar
- 2.Yang, J., Bai, Y., Qiu, Y.: A decentralized resource allocation policy in minigrid[J]. Future Generation Computer Systems (2006)Google Scholar
- 3.Rehn, C.: Dynamic mapping of cooperating tasks to nodes in a distributed system [J]. Future Generation Computer Systems, pp. 35–45 (2006)Google Scholar
- 4.Sanyal, S., Jain, A., Das, S.K: A hierarchical and distributed approach for mapping large applications to heterogeneous grids using genetic algorithms[C]. In: Proceedings of the IEEE International Conference on Cluster Computing, Hong Kong, pp. 496–499. IEEE Computer Society, Washington (2003)CrossRefGoogle Scholar
- 6.Liao, J., Cai, H., et al.: Design and Implementation of Grid Monitoring System based on GMA[C], The sixth International Conference on Parallel and Distributed Computing, Applications and Technologies, pp. 94–96 (2005)Google Scholar
- 7.Alhusaini, A.H., Prasanna, V.K., Raghavendra, C.S.: A framework for mapping with resource co-allocation in heterogeneous computing system[C], 9th Heterogeneous Computing Workshop, pp. 273–286 (2000)Google Scholar
- 8.Alhusaini, A.H., Prasanna, V.K., Raghavendra, C.S.: Run-Time Adaptation for Grid environments[C]. In: Proceedings 15th International Parallel and Distributed Processing Symposium, pp. 864–874 (2001)Google Scholar
- 10.Casanova, H.: Simgrid-A toolkit for the simulation of application scheduling[C]. In: Proceedings of the 1st IEEE international Symposium on Cluster Computing and the Grid (2001)Google Scholar
- 11.Hui-xian, L.I., Chun-tian, C.: A parallel method of resources co-allocation in grid system [J]. Journal of Dalian University of Technology 45, 272–276 (2005)Google Scholar