WS2JADE: Integrating Web Service with Jade Agents
Web services have gained popularity today for enabling universal interoperability among applications. In many scenarios, allowing software agents to access and control Web services is important and hence the integration between these two platforms. In this paper, we focus on technical aspects of an integration framework of Web services and Jade agent platform. The mismatch of description and communication between FIPA compliant agent platforms versus Web services are two key challenges that must be addressed. Our implementation, WS2JADE, is described and compared with WSDL2JADE - a previous implementation on the same topic, and WSIGS - a recent proposal of Web service and Agent integration architecture. In contrast to other solutions, WS2JADE provides facilities to deploy and control Web services as agent services at run time for deployment flexibility and active service discovery.
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.JADE (Java Agent Development Framework), http://sharon.cselt.it/projects/jade/
- 2.Web services Agent Integration Project, http://wsai.sourceforge.net/index.html/
- 3.Agentcities Web services Working Group: Integrating Web services into Agentcities Technical Recommendation (2005), http://www.agentcities.org/rec/00006/
- 4.Amazon Web Service (2005), http://www.amazon.com/gp/aws/landing.html
- 5.FIPA: Interaction Protocol Specification (2005), http://www.fipa.org/repository/ips.php3
- 6.Google Web APIs (2005), http://www.google.com/apis/
- 7.European Coordination Action For Agent-Based Computing: AgentLink (2005), http://www.agentlink.org/
- 8.W3C: Web Service Description Language (WSDL 1.1) (2005), http://www.w3.org/TR/wsdl
- 9.Web service Resource Framework (2005), http://www.golubs.org/wsrf
- 10.Müller, J.P., Bauer, B., Odell, J.J.: Agent UML: A Formalism for Specifying Multiagent Software Systems. In: Ciancarini, P., Wooldridge, M.J. (eds.) AOSE 2000. LNCS, vol. 1957, pp. 91–103. Springer, Heidelberg (2001)Google Scholar
- 11.Greenwood, D., Calisti, M.: Engineering web service - agent integration. In: IEEE Systems, Cybernetics and Man Conference, the Hague, Netherlands, pp. 1918–1925. IEEE Computer Society Press, Los Alamitos (2004)Google Scholar