Detecting Community Structure by Network Vectorization
With the growing number of available social and biological networks, the problem of detecting network community structure is becoming more and more important which acts as the first step to analyze these data. In this paper, we transform network data so that each node is represented by a vector, our method can handle directed and weighted networks. it also can detect networks which contain communities with different sizes and degree sequences. This paper reveals that network community can be formulated as a cluster problem.
KeywordsCommunity Structure Adjacent Matrix Community Detection Node Pair Latent Semantic Analysis
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 2.Alves, N.A.: Unveiling Community Structures in Weighted Networks. Phys. Rev. E 76, 036101 (2007)Google Scholar
- 4.Danon, L., Duch, J., Diaz-Guilera, A., Arenas, A.: Comparing Community Structure Identification (2005)Google Scholar
- 6.Duch, J., Arenas, A.: Community Detection in Complex Network Using Extremal Optimization. Physical Review E 72, 027104 (2005)Google Scholar
- 15.MacQueen, J.B.: Some Methods for Classification and Analysis of Multivariate Observations. In: Proceedings of 5-th Berkeley Symposium on Mathematical Statistics and Probability, vol. 1, pp. 281–297 (1967)Google Scholar
- 16.Newman, M.E.J.: Finding Community Structure in Networks Using the Eigenvectors of Matrices. Phys. Rev. E 74, 036104 (2006)Google Scholar
- 17.Newman, M.E.J., Girvan, M.: Finding and Evaluating Community Structure in Networks. Phys. Rev. E 69(2), 026113 (2004)Google Scholar
- 20.Watts, D.S.: Collective Dynamics of “Small-World” Networks. Nature 4 393(6684), 409–410 (1998)Google Scholar
- 21.White, S., Smyth, P.: A Spectral Clustering Approach to Finding Communities in Graphs. In: SIAM International Conference on Data Mining (2005)Google Scholar
- 22.Zachary, W.W.: An Information Flow Model for Conflict and Fission in Small Groups. Journal of Anthropological Research 33, 452–473 (1977)Google Scholar
- 23.Zhou, H.: Network Landscape from a Brownian Particle’s Perspective. Phys. Rev. E 67, 041908 (2003)Google Scholar