ISL Person Identification Systems in the CLEAR Evaluations
In this paper, we presented three person identification systems that we have developed for the CLEAR evaluations. Two of the developed identification systems are based on single modalities- audio and video, whereas the third system uses both of these modalities. The visual identification system analyzes the face images of the individuals to determine the identity of the person. It processes multi-view, multi-frame information to provide the identity estimate. The speaker identification system processes the audio data from different channels and tries to determine the identity. The multi-modal identification system fuses the similarity scores obtained by the audio and video modalities to reach an identity estimate.
KeywordsFace Recognition Discrete Cosine Transform Face Image Speaker Identification Speaker Model
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.Computers in the Human Interaction Loop –CHIL. http://chil.server.de/
- 2.Ekenel, H.K., Pnevmatikakis, A.: Video-Based Face Recognition Evaluation in the CHIL Project – Run 1. In: 7th International Conference Automatic Face and Gesture Recognition (FG2006), Southampton, UK (April 2006)Google Scholar
- 3.Ekenel, H.K., Stiefelhagen, R.: Local Appearance based Face Recognition Using Discrete Cosine Transform. In: 13th European Signal Processing Conference (EUSIPCO 2005), Antalya, Turkey (Sept. 2005)Google Scholar
- 4.Ekenel, H.K., Stiefelhagen, R.: Analysis of Local Appearance-based Face Recognition: Effects of Feature Selection and Feature Normalization. In: CVPR Biometrics Workshop, New York, USA (June 2006)Google Scholar
- 5.Pentland, A., Moghaddam, B., Starner, T., Turk, M.: View based and modular eigenspaces for face recognition. In: Proceedings of IEEE CVPR, pp. 84–91. IEEE Computer Society Press, Los Alamitos (1994)Google Scholar
- 6.Jin, Q., Pan, Y., Schultz, T.: Far-field Speaker Recognition. In: International Conference on Acoustic, Speech, and Signal Processing (ICASSP) (2006)Google Scholar
- 7.Pelecanos, J., Sridharan, S.: Feature warping for robust speaker verification. In: Proc. Speaker Odyssey 2001 conference (June 2001)Google Scholar
- 8.Xiang, B., Chaudhari, U., Navratil, J., Ramaswamy, G., Gopinath, R.: Short-time Gaussianization for Robust Speaker Verification. In: Proc. ICASSP (2002)Google Scholar