Simultaneous Vehicle and Crew Scheduling for Extra Urban Transports
We present a simultaneous approach to solve the integrated vehicle and crew scheduling problem in an extra urban context. We consider the single depot case with a heterogeneous fleet of vehicles. We propose a constraint based model which is subsequently solved by a Greedy Randomized Adaptive Search Procedure. The construction phase of each initial solution relies on constraint programming techniques, while the local search phase exploits a powerful neighborhood exploration mechanism. The computational experiments conducted on real-world instances show the effectiveness and the flexibility of the approach compared with the classical sequential vehicle and crew scheduling.
KeywordsSchedule Problem Greedy Randomize Adaptive Search Procedure Crew Schedule Local Search Phase Constraint Base Model
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 2.Borndoerfer, R., Loebel, A., Weider, S.: A bundle method for integrated multi-depot vehicle and duty scheduling in public transit. TR 04-14 (2004)Google Scholar
- 3.Dallaire, A., Fleurent, C., Rousseau, J.M.: Dynamic Constraint Generation in CrewOpt, a Column Generation Approach for Transit Crew Scheduling. In: Voß, S., Daduna, J.R. (eds.) Computer-Aided Scheduling of Public Transport (CASPT), pp. 73–90. Springer, Berlin (2004)Google Scholar
- 4.Freling, R.: Models and Techniques for Integrating Vehicle and Crew Scheduling. PhD thesis, Tinbergen Institute, Erasmus University Rotterdam (1997)Google Scholar
- 5.Freling, R., Boender, G., Paixão, J.M.P.: An integrated approach to vehicle and crew scheduling. Technical Report 9503/A, Economie Institute, Erasmus University Rotterdam, Rotterdam (1995)Google Scholar
- 6.Gaffi, A., Nonato, M.: An integrated approach to the extra-urban crew and vehicle scheduling problem. In: Wilson, N.H.M. (ed.) Computer-Aided Transit Scheduling, pp. 103–128. Springer, Berlin (1999)Google Scholar
- 9.Haase, K., Friberg, C.: An exact branch and cut algorithm for the vehicle and crew scheduling problem. In: Wilson, N.H.M. (ed.) Computer-Aided Transit Scheduling, pp. 63–80. Springer, Berlin (1999)Google Scholar
- 10.Huisman, D.: Integrated and Dynamic Vehicle and Crew Scheduling. PhD thesis, Tinbergen Institute, Erasmus University Rotterdam (2004)Google Scholar
- 14.Tsang, E.: Foundations of Constraint Satisfaction. Academic Press, London (1993)Google Scholar