Intelligent System for Traffic Signs Recognition in Moving Vehicles
Recognition of traffic signs by systems of the intelligent vehicles can increase safety and comfort of driving. It can be also used for highway inspection. In this paper we present architecture of such a system, with special focus on fast sign tracking method. In each frame an adaptive window is built around each area with high probability of existence of an object to be tracked. However, contrary to the mean-shift algorithm, it is not necessary to compute a centroid for each such object. Thus the method allows faster execution which is a key parameter for the real-time scene analysis.
KeywordsTraffic Sign Road Sign Intelligent Vehicle Fast Execution Adaptive Window
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.Bradski, G.: Computer Vision Face Tracking For Use in a Perceptual User Interface. Intel Technical Report (1998)Google Scholar
- 2.Comaniciu, D., Meer, P.: Mean Shift: A Robust Approach Toward Feature Space Analysis. IEEE PAMI 24(5), 603–619 (2002)Google Scholar
- 3.Cyganek, B.: Circular Road Signs Recognition with Soft Classifiers. Integrated Computer-Aided Engineering 14(4), 323–343 (2007)Google Scholar
- 9.DaimlerChrysler, The Thinking Vehicle (2002), http://www.daimlerchrysler.com
- 12.Gao, X.W., Podladchikova, L., Shaposhnikov, D., Hong, K., Shevtsova, N.: Recognition of traffic signs based on their colour and shape. J. Vis.Comm. & Image Repr. (2005)Google Scholar
- 15.Road Signs and Signalization. Directive of the Polish Ministry of Infrastructure, Internal Affairs and Administration (Dz. U. Nr 170, poz. 1393) (2002)Google Scholar
- 16.Siemens VDO (2007), http://usa.siemensvdo.com/topics/adas/traffic-sign-recognition/