Portable Imaging Systems for Interactive Teaching of Radiography, Computed Tomography and Ultrasound Imaging Principles
- 1k Downloads
In this age of rapid medical and technological advancements, institutions are recognizing the need for interdisciplinary training. In a recent article (Hendee 2007), the need for more extensive physics education during a clinical residency in diagnostic imaging has been emphasized. Corrective measures have been recommended by the American Association of Physicists in Medicine and the Radiological Society of North America to address the growing gap between knowledge base and digital-imaging technology.
KeywordsCompute Tomography Number Compute Tomography System Portable Image System Compute Tomography Reconstruction Optical Projection Tomography
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- Babic S, Battista J, Jordan K (2008) Three-dimensional dose verification for intensity-modulated radiation therapy in the radiological physics centre head-and-neck phantom using optical computed tomography scans of ferrous xylenol-orange gel dosimeters. Int J Radiat Oncol Biol Phys 70:1281–1291PubMedGoogle Scholar
- Earl GF (2002) Technical note: USAF 1951 and microscopy resolution test charts (30 Nov. 2002) http://www.efg2.com/Lab/ImageProcessing/TestTargets/#USAF1951, Accessed March 3, 2007
- Ertugrul N (1998) New era in engineering experiments: An integrated interactive teaching/ learning approach and real time visualisations. Int J Eng Educ 14:344–355Google Scholar
- Kak AC, Slaney M (2001) Principles of computerized tomographic imaging, published by Society of Industrial and Applied Mathematics (SIAM) and available on-line at http://www.slaney.org/pct/pct-toc.html Accessed March 3, 2007
- Lin B (2008) Nothing too theoretical about this physics class. UBC Reports 54(3). http://www.publicaffairs.ubc.ca/ubcreports/2008/08mar06/physics.html Accessed April 3, 2008
- Zinke-Allmang M (2009) Physics for the Life Sciences. Nelson Education Ltd, Toronto, ON, Canada.Google Scholar