Software Engineering: Ugo Montanari’s Main Contributions and Introduction to the Section
Ugo Montanari began to work in software engineering related topics in the early eighties when he started to promote the use of formal techniques in industries. In that period Ugo established a strong cooperation mainly with Olivetti, that was for more than a decade a very active italian ICT company.
Those were also the years when the first Progetto Finalizzato Informatica started and in this contextUgo chaired the P1 subproject, “IndustriaNazionale del settore: Architettura e Struttura dei Sistemi di Elaborazione” whose aims were: i) the development of a prototypical local network meant also to be used to develop software products for the public administration; ii) the realization of a prototypical micro processor with dependability, availability and reconfigurability characteristics to be employed for industrial automation; iii) the development of methods and software programs to be used as basis for the software production.
KeywordsSoftware Architecture Graph Grammar Service Coordination Note Theor Develop Software Product
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 3.Ehrig, H., Kowalski, R.A., Levi, G., Montanari, U.: CAAP 1987 and TAPSOFT 1987. LNCS, vol. 249. Springer, Heidelberg (1987)Google Scholar
- 4.Ehrig, H., Kowalski, R.A., Levi, G., Montanari, U.: TAPSOFT 1987 and CFLP 1987. LNCS, vol. 250. Springer, Heidelberg (1987)Google Scholar
- 5.Andrade, L.F., et al.: AGILE: Software Architecture for Mobility. In: Wirsing, M., Pattinson, D., Hennicker, R. (eds.) WADT 2003. LNCS, vol. 2755, pp. 1–33. Springer, Heidelberg (2003)Google Scholar
- 6.Hirsch, D., Montanari, U.: Consistent transformations for software architecture styles of distributed systems. Electr. Notes Theor. Comput. Sci. 28 (1999)Google Scholar
- 7.Hirsch, D., Inverardi, P., Montanari, U.: Modeling Software Architecutes and Styles with Graph Grammars and Constraint Solving. In: WICSA 1999 Software Architecture, TC2 First Working IFIP Conference on Software Architecture (WICSA1). IFIP Conference Proceedings, San Antonio, Texas, USA, 22-24 February 1999, pp. 127–144 (1999)Google Scholar
- 9.Hirsch, D., Montanari, U.: Two Graph-Based Techniques for Software Architecture Reconfiguration. Electr. Notes Theor. Comput. Sci. 51 (2001)Google Scholar