Anatomy-based Registration for Computer-integrated Surgery
In Computed-integrated Surgery (CIS), the registration between pre- or intra-operative images, anatomical models and guiding systems such as robots or passive systems is a crucial step. In our methodology, rigid or elastic transformations are estimated using non-linear least-squares minimization of euclidean distances computed on data that can be 3D surfaces or 2D projections. This paper shows the variety of results that is achieved with this framework on several clinical applications.
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- [BTML93]C. Barbe, J. Troccaz, B. Mazier, and S. Lavallee. Using 2.5D echography in computer assisted spine surgery. In IEEE,pp 160–161, San Diego, 1993. IEEE Engineering in Medicine and Biology Society Proceedings.Google Scholar
- [Lav95]S. Lavallee. Registration for Computer Integrated Surgery: methodology, state of the art. In R. Taylor, S. Lavallee, G. Burdea, and R. Mosges, editors, Computer Integrated Surgery (to appear). MIT Press, 1995.Google Scholar
- [LS95]S. Lavallee and R. Szeliski. Recovering the position and orientation of freeform objects from image contours using 3-D distance maps. IEEE PAMI (Pattern Analysis and Machine Intelligence), to appear, 1995.Google Scholar
- [LSB95]S. Lavallee, R. Szeliski, and L. Brunie. Anatomy-based registration of 3-D medical images, range images, X-ray projections, 3-D models using octreesplines. In R. Taylor, S. Lavallee, G. Burdea, and R. Moges, editors, Computer Integrated Surgery (to appear). MIT Press, Cambridge, 1995.Google Scholar
- [LST+94]S. Lavallee, P. Sautot, J. Troccaz, P. Cinquin, and P. Merloz. Computer Assisted Spine Surgery: a technique for accurate transpedicular screw fixation using CT data and a 3D optical localizer. In First International Symposium on Medical Robotics and Computer Assisted Surgery (MRCAS94), pp 315–322, Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania, USA, september 1994.Google Scholar
- [PFTV92]W. H. Press, B. P. Flannery, S. A. Teukolsky, and W. T. Vetterling. Numerical Recipes in C: The Art of Scientific Computing. Cambridge University Press, Cambridge, England, second edition, 1992.Google Scholar
- [PLC+93]O. Peria, S. Lavallee, G. Champleboux, A.F. Joubert, J.F. Lebas, and P. Cinquin. Millimetric registration of SPECT and MR images of the brain without headholders. In IEEE EMBS Conf., pp 14–15, San Diego, 1993.Google Scholar
- [SCLT92]P. Sautot, P. Cinquin, S. Lavallée, and J. Troccaz. Computer assisted spine surgery: a first step towards clinical application in orthopaedics. In 14th IEEE RMBS Conf., pp 1071–1072, Paris, November 1992.Google Scholar
- [SL94]R. Szeliski and S. Lavallée. Matching 3-D anatomical surfaces with nonrigid deformations using octree-splines. In IEEE Workshop on Biomedical Image Analysis,Seattle, June 1994. IEEE Computer Society.Google Scholar
- [TLBM95]R.H. Taylor, S. Lavallee, G.C. Burdea, and R.W. Mosges. Computer integrated surgery (to be published). MIT PRESS, 1995.Google Scholar
- [TMB+94]J. Troccaz, Y. Menguy, M. Bolla, P. Cinquin, P. Vassal, N. Laieb, and S.D. Soglio. Patient set-up optimization for external conformal radiotherapy. In A. DiGioia, T. Kanade, and R. Taylor, editors, MRCAS 94, Medical Robotics and Computer Assisted Surgery, pp 306–313, Pittsburgh, PA, september 1994.Google Scholar