Development of Navier-Stokes Solvers on Hybrid Grids
The paper presents common developments of solution methods for conservation laws on unstructured, hybrid grids. A time-accurate dual time stepping method for low Mach number flow is presented. A parallel, linear multigrid method has been developed for applications to complex flows. Finally a new approach for generating hybrid grids, based on level set methods is described.
KeywordsMach Number Cartesian Grid Surface Node Corner Node Artificial Compressibility
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- G. Karypis et. al. Family of multilevel partitioning algorithms. Online: http://wwwusers.cs.umn.edu/ karypis/metis/ A collection of papers is available online, 1998 – 2001.Google Scholar
- E. Turkel: Preconditioned Methods for Solving the Incompressible and Low Speed Compressible Equations, JCP,vol.72, pp 277 – 298, (1987).Google Scholar
- E. Schall, C. Viozat, B. Koobus and A. Dervieux, Computation of low Mach thermical flows with implicit upwind methods, INRIA report, (2002).Google Scholar
- D. Hänel, A. Dervieux, O. Gloth, L. Fournier, S. Lanteri, and R. Vilsmeier. Development of Navier-Stokes solvers on hybrid grids. Notes on Numerical Fluid Mechanics, 75:49–66, 2001.Google Scholar
- D. J. Mavriplis. Directional agglomeration multigrid techniques for high-Reynolds number viscous flows. ICASE tech. report, 98–6, 1998.Google Scholar