Extracting Domain-Specific and Domain-Neutral Patterns Using Software Stability Concepts
- 296 Downloads
Extracting domain-specific patterns and domain-neutral patterns is a challenge for both expert and novice software engineers. Currently, no mature guidelines or methodologies exist for extracting patterns. Software stability model proposed in  provides a base for extracting the core knowledge of the domain and identifying atomic notions that can be thought of as patterns by extracting another level of abstraction using software stability concepts. This paper proposes and demonstrates, through examples, how to extract both domain-specific and domain-neutral patterns from systems that are built using software stability concepts.
KeywordsStability Model Stable Pattern Stability Concept Core Knowledge Software Pattern
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 2.Fayad, M.E.: Accomplishing Software Stability. Communications of the ACM 45(1) (January 2002)Google Scholar
- 3.Fayad, M.E., Altman, A.: Introduction to Software Stability. Communications of the ACM 44(9) (September 2001)Google Scholar
- 4.Fayad, M.E.: How to Deal with Software Stability. Communications of the ACM 45(4) (April 2002)Google Scholar
- 5.Fayad, M.E., Wu, S.: Merging Multiple Conventional Models into One Stable Model. Communications of the ACM 45(9) (2002)Google Scholar
- 6.Gamma, E., et al.: Design Patterns: Elements of Reusable Object-Oriented Software. Addison-Wesley Professional Computing Series. Addison-Wesley Publishing Company, New York (1995)Google Scholar
- 7.Hamza, H.: A Foundation for Building Stable Analysis Patterns. Master thesis, University of Nebraska-Lincoln, USA (August 2002)Google Scholar
- 8.Hamza, H.: Building Stable Analysis Patterns Using Software Stability. In: 4th European GCSE Young Researchers Workshop 2002 (GCSE/NoDE YRW 2002), Erfurt, Germany (October 2002)Google Scholar
- 9.Hamza, H., Fayad, M.E.: Model-based Software Reuse Using Stable Analysis Patterns. In: 12th Model-based Software Reuse Workshop, 16th ECOOP 2002, Malaga, Spain (June 2002)Google Scholar
- 10.Hamza, H., Fayad, M.E.: A Pattern Language for Building Stable Analysis Patterns. In: 9th Conference on Pattern Language of Programs (PLoP 2002), Illinois, USA (September 2002)Google Scholar
- 11.Hamza, H., Fayad, M.E.: The Negotiation Analysis Pattern. In: Eighth European Conference on Pattern Languages of Programs (EuroPLoP 2003), Irsee, Germany (July 2003)Google Scholar
- 12.Mahdy, A., Fayad, M.E., Hamza, H., Tugnawat, P.: Stable and Reusable Model-Based Architectures. In: 12th Model-based Software Reuse Workshop, 16th ECOOP 2002, Malaga, Spain (June 2002)Google Scholar