An Application of Case-Based Reasoning in Multidimensional Database Architecture
A concept of decision support system is considered in this paper. It provides data needed for fast, precise and good business decision making to all levels of management. The aim of the project is the development of a new online analytical processing oriented on case-based reasoning (CBR) where a previous experience for every new problem is taken into account. Methodological aspects have been tested in practice as a part of the management information system development project of “Novi Sad Fair”. A case study of an application of CBR in prediction of future payments is discussed in the paper.
KeywordsDecision Support System Saturation Point Data Warehouse Similar Curf Rail Transport
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.Aamodt, A., Plaza, E.: Case-Based Reasoning: Foundational Issues, Methodological Variations and System Approaches. AI Commutations, 39–58 (1994)Google Scholar
- 2.Budimac, Z., Kurbalija, V.: Case-based Reasoning – A Short Overview. In: Conference of Informatics and IT, Bitola (2001)Google Scholar
- 3.Kurbalija, V.: On Similarity of Curves – project report, Humboldt University, AI Lab, Berlin (2003)Google Scholar
- 4.Lenz, M., Bartsh-Sporl, B., Burkhard, H.-D., Wess, S., Goos, G., Van Leeuwen, J., Bartsh, B.: Case-Based Reasoning Technology: From Foundations to Aplications. Springer, Heidelberg (1998)Google Scholar
- 5.Simic, D.: Financial Prediction and Decision Support System Based on Artificial Intelligence Technology, Ph.D. thesis, draft text – manuscript, Novi Sad (2003)Google Scholar
- 6.Simic, D.: Reengineering management information systems, contemporary information technologies perspective, Master thesis, Novi Sad (2001)Google Scholar
- 7.Simic, D.: Data Warehouse and Strategic Management, Strategic management and decision support systems, Palic (1999)Google Scholar