Intelligent Agent Technology in E-commerce
Use of Internet has surged at an exponential rate in recent years. In particular, it has led to many new and innovative applications in the area of E-Commerce. In this paper, we introduce an intelligent agent termed AINI, the Artificial Intelligent Solution Humanoid. We also show how current e-commerce technological trends can be enhanced by using AINI. AINI is a chatterbot integrated with 3D animated agent character, Speech Technology and Artificial Intelligence Markup Language (AIML) is utilised. This agent technology is mainly used to improve customer services and to reduce customer reliance on human operators. By using artificial intelligence techniques, AINI is able to provide appropriate answers to service inquiries. In this paper, issues on Intelligent Agents Technology, Speech Technology, AIML and the use of 3D animated character in E-Commerce are discussed.
KeywordsCustomer Service Intelligent Agent Case Base Reasoning Online Shopping Speech Technology
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.Online shopping advice from the Office of Fair Trading (OFT), at http://www.oft.gov.uk/html/shopping/
- 2.Pruitt, S.: Forrester Research says the web will die (2001), available at http://iwsun4.infoworld.com/articles/hn/xml/01/05/17/010517hnxinternet.xml
- 3.Forrester Research and InformationWeek. ”Changes in Customer Contact”, White paper. Google Scholar
- 4.Weisman, J.: Is Live Interaction Ready for Prime Time?. EcommerceTimes.com (2001), available at. http://www.crmdaily.com/perl/story/4558.html
- 5.A.L.I.C.E. AI Foundation: Promoting the adoption and development of AliceBot and AIML Free Software. Article on “Why You Don’t Need Proprietary Bot Software” by Noel Bush, Available online at http://alicebot.org/articles/bush/wallaceconversation.html
- 6.An online personality to assist customers Published in: Computimes (News Straits Times) Thursday October 12 (2000), available online at http://www.botizen.com/press9.html
- 7.First E-Commerce Application Based on Software Robots to be Released, available online at http://www.artificial-life.com/default_luci.asp?pContent=http://www.artificiallifecom/press_alife/1999_03_30_3.asp