Fluctuation in Multi-agent System of Supermarket Chain Network
Resource allocation on a supermarket chain network in shopping malls is modeled by a Multi-Agent System describing competition and cooperation between branches of companies. Shops are occupied by one of two companies, B (black) or W (white) and they compete with each other for domination. Fluctuation in the market share is measured as a function of noise, which is a result of advertisement and discount between competing agents. Existence of a critical value of noise level where competition drives large fluctuation in the market share is demonstrated by results in Monte Carlo simulation.
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 2.Lor, W.K.F., Szeto, K.Y.: Switching Dynamics of Multi-Agent Systems: Soap Froth Paradigm. In: International Joint Conference on Neural Networks 2000, Neural Computing: New Challenges and Perspectives for the New Millennium. IJCNN IEEE-INNS-ENNS, vol. VI, pp. 625–628 (2000)Google Scholar
- 3.Jiang, M., Luo, Y., Szeto, K.Y., Yang, S.: Dynamics of Negotiating Agent in a Soap Froth World. In: Proceeding of ICONIP 2001, Shanghai, vol. 1, pp. 154–159 (2001)Google Scholar
- 4.Szeto, K.Y.: Shell Model of Soap Froth. In: Cho, Y.M., Hong, J.B., Yang, C.N. (eds.) Invited talk in the Proceedings of the Inauguration conference of the Asia-Pacific Center of Theoretical Physics, Current Topics in Physics, June 4–10, 1996, vol. 1, pp. 361–375. World Scientific, Singapore (1998)Google Scholar
- 5.Szeto, K.Y., Tam, W.Y.: Universal Topological Properties of Layers in Soap Froth. Phys.Rev. E53, 4213–4216 (1996)Google Scholar
- 6.Szeto, K.Y., Aste, T., Tam, W.Y.: Topological Correlations in Soap Froth. Phys.Rev. E58, 2656–2659 (1998)Google Scholar
- 7.Aste, T., Szeto, K.Y., Tam, W.Y.: Statistical properties and Shell analysis in random cellular structures. Phys. Rev. E54, 5482–5492 (1996)Google Scholar
- 8.Szeto, K.Y., Tam, W.Y.: Evolution of Soap Froth from an Initial Bubble Crystal State to the Scaling State. In: Invited talk at the APCTP conference on Biophysics, July 1999, published by AIP (1999)Google Scholar
- 10.Szeto, K.Y., Tam, W.Y.: Edge Scaling of Soap Froth. Physica A, 248–254 (1998)Google Scholar
- 12.Von Neumann, J.: Discussion. Metal Interfaces, pp. 108–110. American Society for Metals, Cleveland (1952)Google Scholar
- 13.Szeto, K.Y., Chiwah, K.: Computational Economics (accepted for publication)Google Scholar
- 14.Tam, W.Y., Cheung, K.M., Szeto, K.Y.: Ancestors of soap froth. Phys.Rev. E57, 7354–7357 (1998)Google Scholar
- 15.Szeto, K.Y., Fu, X., Tam, W.Y.: Universal Topological Properties of Twodimensional Cellular Patterns. Phys.Rev. Lett., 138302-1–138302-3 (2002)Google Scholar
- 16.Szeto, K.Y.: unpublishedGoogle Scholar