Lattice-Boltzmann Methods — A New Tool in CFD
- 261 Downloads
The paper summarizes recent developments of the authors on lattice-Boltzmann methods. Algorithmic extension are done for improving boundary formulations of different types and for local grid refinement. Wide spread applications show the performance of the lattice-Boltzmann concept, ranging from gas-particle flows to turbulent flows and combustion processes.
KeywordsCoarse Grid Knudsen Number Lattice Boltzmann Method Grid Refinement Lattice Boltzmann Model
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- [I]U. Frisch, B. Hasslacher and Y. Pomeau: Lattice Gas Automata for the Navier-Stokes Equations. Phys. Rev. Lett. 56, 1506 (1986).Google Scholar
- Y.-H. Qian, S. Succi and S.Orszag, Recent advances in Lattice Boltzmann computing. Annual Reviews of Computational Physics III 195. World Scientific (1996).Google Scholar
- N. Satofuka, T. Nishioka, Numerical simulation of three-dimensional incompressible turbulent flows using Lattice Boltzmann method, in Lecture Notes in Physics, Springer, Proc. of 16th Int. Conf. on Num. Meth. in Fluid Dynamics, Arcachon, France, 415 (1998).Google Scholar
- F.Nannelli and S. Succi, The Lattice Boltzmann equation on irregular lattices, J. Stat. Phys. 68, N3 /4, 401 (1992).Google Scholar
- O. Filippova and D. Hänel, Acceleration of lattice BGK schemes with grid refinement, submitted to J. Comp. Phys. (1999).Google Scholar
- A.J.C.Ladd, Numerical simulations of particulate suspensions via a discretized Boltzmann equation. Part 1. Theoretical foundation. J. Fluid Mech., 271 285 (1994).Google Scholar
- M. Schäfer and S. Turek, Benchmark computations of laminar flow around a cylinder, Notes in Numerical Fluid Mechanics, Vieweg Verlag, Braunschweig, 52, 547, (1996).Google Scholar
- O. Filippova, S. Succi, F. Mazzocco, C Arrighetti, G. Bella and D. Hänel, Multiscale lattice Boltzmann schemes with turbulence modelling and their application to turboaxial machines, submitted in J. Comp. Phys. (2000).Google Scholar
- R. M. Pinkerton, Calculated and measured pressure distributions over the midspan sections of the NACA 4412 airfoil, NACA Rept. N. 563, 1936.Google Scholar
- O. Filippova and D. Hänel, Flow prediction by Lattice-Boltzmann methods, to appear in Lecture Notes in Physics, Springer, Proceedings of 1st Int. Conf. on Comp. Fluid Dynamics, Kyoto, Japan (2000).Google Scholar
- G.R. Rehm and H.R. Baum, The equations of motion for thermally driven flows, J. Res. Natl. Bur. Standards 83 (3), 297 (1978).Google Scholar