Multi-Objective Aerodynamic and Aeroelastic Optimization
- 264 Downloads
The present work is aiming at aerodynamic multi-point, inverse, optimization of airfoils as well as at aeroelastic, multi-disciplinary, optimization of the exposed X31 delta wing. Results are achieved by means of a multi-objective genetic algorithm (GA) utilizing a GUI-supported software being developed in the European-Union funded “FRONTIER” project.
KeywordsPareto Front Pareto Frontier Aerodynamic Load Gradient Base Method Roll Rate
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- Spicer, D., Cook, J., C. Poloni, C., Sen, P: EP 20082 Frontier: Industrial multiobjective design optimization. In: D. Papailiou et al (Eds.), Computational Fluid Dynamics ‘88, John Wiley & Sons Ltd., 1998.Google Scholar
- JAVA language:www. j avasoft.com/doc/language_environmentGoogle Scholar
- Jameson, A., Schmidt, W and Turkel, E (1981): Numerical solutions of the Euler equations by finite volume methods using Runge—Kutta time—stepping schemes. AIAA—Paper 81–1259.Google Scholar
- Haase, W, Wagner, B., Jameson, A. (1983): Development of a Navier—Stokes Method Based on a Finite Volume Technique for the Unsteady Euler Equations. In: Notes on Numerical Fluid Mechanics, Vieweg Verlag, 7, pp. 99–107.Google Scholar
- Johnson, D.A., King, L.S. (1985): A mathematical simple turbulence closure model for attached and separated turbulent boundary layers. AIAA Paper 84–0175.Google Scholar
- Schweiger, J., Krammer, J., Hörnlein, H.R.E.M.:Development and Application of the Integrated Structural Design Tool LAGRANGE. 6th AIAA/NASA/ISSMO Symposium on Multidisciplinary Analysis and Optimization, Bellevue, Washington, September 1996. AIAA-96–4169.Google Scholar
- Aeroelastic Tailoring of Advanced Composi te Structures for Military Aircraft, Volume III—Modifications and User’s Guide for Procedure TS O. General Dynamics Corporation/ Air Force Flight Dynamics Laboratory, Analysis and Optimization Branch (FBR), Wright Patterson Air Force Base. Technical Report AFFDL—TR-76–100, Vol. I II, Feb. 1978.Google Scholar
- Fornasier, L.: Optimization of the wing—pylon—nacelle test case TE5 by HISSS—D, a panel method—based design tool. In: Notes on Numerical Fluid Mechanics, J.Periaux et al, Vol. 61, Vieweg, 1997.Google Scholar
- Periaux et al.: Optimum Aerodynamic Design & Parallel Navier—Stokes Computations —ECARP, European Computational Aerodynamics Research Project. Notes of Numerical Fluid Mechanics, Vol. 61, Vie-weg, 1998.Google Scholar
- INGENET: European Commission project on the use of genetic algorithms in an industrial context. See Web address:http://www.inria.fr/sinus/ingenet.