Preserving Properties in System Redesign: Rule-Based Approach
This paper deals with stepwise development of systems based on rule-based approach. Modeling using this approach usually starts with a rough model of a system which is refined in further steps. This approach is based on rules and transformations as known from theory of HLR systems. Preservation of certain system properties during this process is of importance. In the context of Petri nets the developed property preserving rules and transformations restrict the variety of modeling possibilities to refinement of the system by additional details. The concept for conceptual change and redesign of a part of the modeled system is of interest. Up to now the request for a large change of structure of the modeled system forced the redevelopment of the whole system from origin. Otherwise the property preserving rules could not be employed and the tedious investigation of system properties had to be done for the final system. In this paper we describe the possibility of building new property preserving rules from other ones which are suitable for redesign of system’s parts.
KeywordsSystem Property Property Preserve Graph Grammar Hierarchical Decomposition System Redesign
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- [EHKPP90]Ehrig, H., Habel, A., Kreowski, H.-J., Parisi-Presicce, F.: Parallelism and concurrency in high level replacement systems. Technical Report 90-35, Technical University of Berlin (1990)Google Scholar
- [GPU01]Gajewsky, M., Padberg, J., Urbášek, M.: Rule-Based Refinement for Place/Transition Systems: Preserving Liveness-Properties. Technical Report 2001-8, Technical University of Berlin (2001)Google Scholar
- [Pad96]Padberg, J.: Abstract Petri Nets: A Uniform Approach and Rule-Based Refinement. PhD thesis, Technical University Berlin, Shaker Verlag (1996)Google Scholar
- [UP02]Urbášek, M., Padberg, J.: Preserving liveness with rule-based refinement of place/transition systems. In: Society for Design and Process Science (SDPS), editors, Proc. IDPT 2002: Sixth World Conference on Integrated Design and Process Technology, CD-ROM, p. 10 (2002)Google Scholar
- [Urb02]Urbášek, M.: New Safety Property and Liveness Preserving Morphisms of P/T Systems. Technical Report 2002-14, Technical University Berlin (2002)Google Scholar
- [Urb03]Urbášek, M.: Categorical Net Transformations for Petri Net Technology. PhD Thesis, Technical University Berlin (2003) (to appear)Google Scholar