Algebraic Higher-Order Nets: Graphs and Petri Nets as Tokens
- 166 Downloads
Petri nets and Algebraic High-Level Nets are well-known to model parallel and concurrent systems. In this paper, we introduce the concept of Algebraic Higher-Order Nets, which allow to have dynamical tokens like graphs or (ordinary low-level) Petri nets. For this purpose, we specify graphs and Petri nets in the higher-order algebraic specification language HasCasl such that graphs and Petri nets become first-class citizens, i.e. members of algebras (rather than algebras themselves). As an example, we model hospital therapeutic processes by a single higher-order net. Individual care plans for each patient are tokens modeled by low-level nets.
KeywordsCare Plan Start Stop Patient Care Plan Token Graph EATCS Monograph
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- [BH]The bremen cofi homepageGoogle Scholar
- [CAS99]Casl – The CoFI Algebraic Specification Language – Summary, version 1.0. Documents/CASL/Summary. In: [CoF] (July 1999)Google Scholar
- [CoF]CoFI. The Common Framework Initiative for algebraic specification and development, electronic archives, http://www.cofi.info
- [Erm96]Ermel, C.: Anforderungsanalyse eines medizinischen Informationssystems mit Algebraischen High-Level-Netzen. Technical Report 96-15, TU Berlin (Masters Thesis TU Berlin) (1996)Google Scholar
- [GHP99]Gajewsky, M., Hoffmann, K., Padberg, J.: Place Preserving and Transition Gluing Morphisms in Rule-Based Refinement of Place/Transition Systems. Technical Report 99-14, Technical University Berlin (1999)Google Scholar
- [Han97]Han, Y.: Software Infrastructure for Configurable Workflow System - A Model-Driven Approach Based on Higher-Order Nets and CORBA. PhD thesis, Technical University of Berlin (1997)Google Scholar
- [Han00]Hannebauer, M.: Autonomous Dynamic Reconfiguration in Collaborative Problem Solving. PhD thesis, Technical University Berlin (2000)Google Scholar
- [Hof00]Hoffmann, K.: Runtime Modifikation between Algebraic High Level Nets and Algebraic Higher Order Nets using Folding and Unfolding Construction. In: Hommel, G. (ed.) Communication-Based Systems, Proceedings of the 3rd International Workshop, TU Berlin, pp. 55–72. Kluwer Academic Publishers, Dordrecht (2000)CrossRefGoogle Scholar
- [Val00]Valk, R.: Concurrency in Communicating Object Petri Nets. In: Agha, G., de Cindio, F., Rozenberg, G. (eds.) Concurrent Object-Oriented Programming and Petri Nets. LNCS, pp. 164–195. Springer, Heidelberg (2000)Google Scholar