Versions for Context Dependent Information Services
Context dependent information delivery is an important requirement of cooperative information systems supporting global and mobile access. These systems must be able to adapt the content, structure and presentation of information according to various factors such as the user, the access device and the task at hand. We present a versioning model designed to manage context-varying versions of content, structure and presentation database objects. Further, we describe how this has been integrated into a general web publishing platform to dynamically compose web documents according to the current context state.
KeywordsContext State News Article Italian Version Original Object Version Object
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- [CFB+03]Ceri, S., Fraternali, P., Bongio, A., Brambilla, M., Comai, S., Matera, M.: Designing Data-Intensive Web Applications. Morgan Kaufmann, San Francisco (2003)Google Scholar
- [CGMH+94]Chawathe, S., Garcia-Molina, H., Hammer, J., Ireland, K., Papakonstantinou, Y., Ullman, J., Widom, J.: The TSIMMIS Project: Integration of Heterogeneous Information Sources. In: 16th Meeting of the Information Processing Society of Japan (1994)Google Scholar
- [CRS]Content Repurposing Suite, http://www.textwise.com/technology/crs/
- [CW98]Conradi, R., Westfechtel, B.: Version models for software conguration management (1998)Google Scholar
- [MFS02]Milic-Frayling, N., Sommerer, R.: Smartview: Enhanced document viewer for mobile devices. Technical Report MSR-TR-2002-114, Microsoft Research, Cambridge, UK (November 2002)Google Scholar
- [NP03]Norrie, M.C., Palinginis, A.: Empowering Databases for Context- Dependent Information Delivery. In: Ubiquitous Mobile Information and Collaboration Systems (UMICS), CAiSE Workshop Proceedings (June 2003)Google Scholar
- [Ste98]Steiner, A.: A Generalisation Approach to Temporal Data Models and their Implementations. Phd thesis, Department of Computer Science, ETH, CH-8092 Zurich, Switzerland (1998)Google Scholar