Prognosis of Approaching Infectious Diseases
- 442 Downloads
Few years ago, we have developed an early warning system concerning multiparametric kidney function courses. As methods we applied Temporal Abstraction and Case-based Reasoning. In our current project we apply very similar ideas. The goal of the TeCoMed project is to compute early warnings against forthcoming waves or even epidemics of infectious diseases in the German federal state of Mecklenburg-Western Pomerania. Furthermore, these warnings shall be sent to interested practitioners, pharmacists etc. We have developed a prognostic model for diseases that are characterised by cyclic, but irregular behaviour. So far, we have applied this model to influenza and bronchitis.
KeywordsEarly Warning Early Warning System Prognostic Model Weekly Data Influenza Epidemic
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 4.Aamodt, A., Plaza, E.: Case-Based Reasoning: foundation issues. Methodological variation- and system approaches. AI Communications 7(1), 39–59 (1994)Google Scholar
- 6.Dowdle, W.R.: Informed Consent Nelson-Hall, Inc. Chicago, IIIGoogle Scholar
- 7.Prou, M., et al.: Exploratory Temporal-Spatial Analysis of Influenza Epidemics in France. In: Flahault, A., et al. (eds.) Abstracts of 3rd International Workshop on Geography and Medicine, Paris, p. 17 (2001)Google Scholar
- 8.Shindo, N., et al.: Distribution of the Influenza Warning Map by Internet. In: Flahault, A., et al. (eds.) Abstracts of 3rd International Workshop on Geography and Medicine, Paris, p. 16 (2001)Google Scholar
- 9.Farrington, C.P., Beale, A.D.: The Detection of Outbreaks of Infectious Disease. In: Gierl, L., et al. (eds.) GEOMED 1997, International Workshop on Geomedical Systems, Teubner Stuttgart, pp. 97–117 (1997)Google Scholar
- 10.Viboud, C., et al.: Forecasting the spatio-temporal spread of influenza epidemics by the method of analogues. In: Abstracts of 22nd Annual Conference of the International Society of Clinical Biostatistics, Stockholm, August 20-24, p. 71 (2001)Google Scholar
- 11.Lorenz, E.N.: Atmospheric predictability as revealed by naturally occuring analogies. J. Atmos. Sci. p. 26 (1969)Google Scholar