RUBDES: A Rule Based Distributed Event System
In the last years, event-based communication paradigm has been largely studied and considered as a promising approach to develop the communication infrastructure of distributed systems. RUBDES (Rule Based Distributed Event System) is a distributed event system that allows the use of composite events in publish/subscribe computational model. In this system, an event is represented as an object and a rule is represented as an expression or a function that is evaluated or executed depending on the occurrence of events. This paper presents the design details of RUBDES and usage of Rule Definition Language (RDL) to describe composite events and event filters.
KeywordsEvent Type Composite Event Event Notification Object Management Group Event Server
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.Object Management Group: CORBAservices: Common Object Service Specification. Technical Report, Object Management Group (July 1998)Google Scholar
- 2.Java AWT: Delegation Event Model (2003), Available online at http://java.sun.com/j2se/1.4.1/docs/guide/awt/1.3/designspec/events.html
- 3.Cugola, G., Di Nitto, E., Fuggetta, A.: The JEDI event-based infrastructure and its application to the development of the OPSS WFMS. Technical Report, CEFRIEL – Politecnico di Milano, Italy (August 1998)Google Scholar
- 5.Carzaniga, A.: Architectures for an Event Notification Service Scalable to Wide-area Networks. PhD Thesis, Politecnico di Milano, Italy (December 1998)Google Scholar
- 6.Eusgter, P.T.: TypeBased Publish/Subscribe. PhD Thesis. Ecole Polytechnique Federale De Lausanne, France (2001)Google Scholar
- 7.Sahingoz, O.K., Erdogan, N.: RUBCES: Rule Based Composite Event System. Accepted for publication in XII. Turkish Artificial Intelligence and Neural Network Symposium (TAINN), Turkey (July 2003)Google Scholar