Global Index for Multi Channel Data Dissemination in Mobile Databases
Data broadcasting strategy is known as a scalable way to disseminate information to mobile users. However, with a very large number of broadcast items, the access time of mobile clients increase accordingly, due to high waiting time for mobile clients to find their data of interest. One possible solution is to split the database information into several broadcast channels. In this paper, we introduce global indexing technique for multi broadcast channels. A simulation model is developed to find out the performance of the technique.
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 2.Elmasri, R., Navathe, S.B.: Fundamentals of Database Systems, 3rd edn. Addison Wesley, U.S.A (2000)Google Scholar
- 3.Imielinski, T., Viswanathan, S.: Adaptive Wireless Information Systems. In: Proc.of SIGDBS (Special Interest Group in Database Systems) Conference (October 1994)Google Scholar
- 5.Leong, H.V., Si, A.: Data Broadcasting Strategies Over Multiple Unreliable Wireless Channels. In: Proc. of the 4th International Conference on Information and Knowledge Management, December 1995, pp. 96–104 (1995)Google Scholar
- 6.Seeley, D., et al.: Planimatetm-Animated Planning Platforms. Inter Dynamics Pty Ltd (1997)Google Scholar
- 7.Sheng, S., Chandrasekaran, A., Broderson, R.W.: A Portable Multimedia Terminal for Personal Communication. IEEE Communications, 64–75 (December 1992)Google Scholar