Design and Evaluation of a Source Routed Ad Hoc Network
Effects of network parameters on the performance of mobile ad hoc networks (MANETs) have been widely investigated. However, there are certain issues related to the hardware implementation and internal parameters of the nodes present in the network that effect performance dramatically. In this work a source routed wireless network is implemented in VHDL. Basic modules in the design are mobile ad hoc nodes and a switch that emulates the wireless channel and controls the connectivity between nodes. By varying hardware parameters of the nodes under different network conditions performance of the overall system is measured and simulation results are presented.
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.Maltz, D.A., Broch, J., Jetcheva, J., Johnson, D.B.: The effects of on-demand behavior in routing protocols for multihop wireless ad hoc networks. Selected Areas in Communications, IEEE Journal on 17(8) (August 1999)Google Scholar
- 2.Perkins, C.E., Royer, E.M., Das, S.R., Marina, M.K.: IEEE Personal Communications, vol. 8(1), pp. 16–28 (2001)Google Scholar
- 3.Camp, T., Boleng, J., Williams, B., Wilcox, L., Navidi, W.: Performance comparison of two location based routing protocols for ad hoc networks. In: Proceedings INFOCOM 2002. Twenty-First Annual Joint Conference of the IEEE Computer and Communications Societies, vol. 3, pp. 1678–1687. IEEE, Los Alamitos (2002)CrossRefGoogle Scholar
- 4.Santivanez, C.A., McDonald, B., Stavrakakis, I., Ramanathan, R.: On the scalability of ad hoc routing protocols. In: Proceedings INFOCOM 2002. Twenty First Annual Joint Conference of the IEEE Computer and Communications Societies, vol. 3, pp. 1688–1697. IEEE, Los Alamitos (2002)CrossRefGoogle Scholar
- 6.Johnson, D.B., Maltz, D.A., Hu, Y.-C., Jetcheva, J.G.: The Dynamic Source Routing Protocol for Mobile Ad Hoc Networks. Internet Draft, draft-ietfmanet- dsr-07.txt, February 21 (2002)Google Scholar