Measurement of Interior Displacement of the Human Crystalline Lens by Using Speckle Pattern
- 204 Downloads
We propose a method for the precision measurement of interior displacement of three-dimensional transparent bodies by using speckle pattern technique. In this paper, we apply this method to displacement measurements in the interior of the human crystalline lens. The human crystalline lens (in vitro) is illuminated with a thin sheet-like beam of a laser light, and the speckle patterns created by the light scattering from the particles in the illuminating plane is recorded by double exposure with before and after deformation. In-plane displacement fringe patterns are obtained by optical spatial filtering techniques. This method is briefly discussed theoretically and the experimental results are presented to demonstrate the validity of this method.
KeywordsSpeckle Pattern Crystalline Lens Fringe Spacing Osaka Prefecture Double Exposure
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.A. Nakajima and J. Nakagawa, Jpn. J. Clin. Ophthalmol. 20 (1966) 919.Google Scholar
- 2.B. Patnaik, Invest. Ophthalmol. 6 (1967) 601.Google Scholar
- 4.V. Glezer, Fiziol. Zhur. 41 (1955) 830.Google Scholar
- 6.A.E. Ennos, In: Laser Speckle and Related Phenomena, ed. by J.C. Dainty, Topics in Applied Physics, Vol. 9 ( Springer, Berlin, Heidelberg, New York 1975 ) pp. 203–253Google Scholar
- 7.C. Vest, Holographic interferometry, John Wiley, 1979.Google Scholar
- 8.H. Uozato, K. Iwata and R. Nagata, Preprint of the meeting of the Jpn. Soc. Appl. Phys., 1976 Spring, p122, and 1976 Autumn, p168.Google Scholar
- 10.F. P. Chiang, In: The engineering uses of coherent optics (Ed. E. R. Robertson), Cambridge Univ. Press, p 249–262, 1976.Google Scholar
- 11.H. Uozato, New measuring methods in photomechanics; Some new optical methods for use in experimental stress analysis, Doctoral Dissertation, Univ. of Osaka Prefecture (Feb. 1978) pp 137.Google Scholar
- 12.H. Uozato, K. Iwata, R. Nagata and S. Nakao, J. Nara Med. Assoc. 31 (1980) 307.Google Scholar
- 13.H. Uozato, T. Ikuno, T. Matsuda and S. Nakao, J. Ophthalmol. Opt. Soc. Jpn. 2 (1981) 41.Google Scholar