Displacement Measurement of the Basilar Membrane in Guinea Pigs by Means of an Optical-Fiber Interferometer
- 205 Downloads
For a few years the Franco-German Research Institute (ISL) has been active in investigating lesions and traumatisms generated under the action of strong acoustic noise such as occurs in the environment of aeronautics. In this context the acoustic stimulus transmitted from the external medium to the ear must be investigated. One possibility of carrying out successfully those investigations consists in using optical methods in order to measure the very weak displacements of the various components which form the auditory chain .
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.S.M. KHANNA et al. J. Acoust. Soc. Am. 44–6–1968 p. 1555–64Google Scholar
- 2.A. DANCER et al. J. Acoust. Soc. Am. 58–1–1975 p. 223–28Google Scholar
- 3.A. DANCER et al. Acustica 46–2–1980 p. 178–187Google Scholar
- 4.M.A. NOKES et al. Rev. Sci. Instrum. 49.6. 1978 p. 722Google Scholar
- 5.F. ALBE et al. Congrès “Horizon de l’Optique” Pont â Mousson 22–25 Avril 1980Google Scholar
- 6.P.R. DRAGSTEN et al. J. Acoust. Soc. Am. 60.3. 1976 p. 665–71Google Scholar