Laser Interferometric Measurement of Basilar Membrane Vibrations in Cats Using a Round Window Approach
- 205 Downloads
A comparative method of interferometric measurement was developed to measure basilar membrane vibrations. In this method simultaneous measurements are made on the object to be measured and on a reference mirror vibrating with a known amplitude.
KeywordsSound Pressure Level Basilar Membrane Round Window Auditory Nerve Fiber Cochlear Microphonic
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.Khanna, S.M. A comparison technique of interferometric measurements. (In preparation) (1981)Google Scholar
- 2.Khanna, S.M., Leonard, D.G.B. Basilar membrane vibrations measured in cat using a round window approach. (In preparation) (1981 A)Google Scholar
- 3.Sokolich, W.G. Improved acoustic system for auditory research. J. Acoust. Soc. Am. 62, Suppl. 1, p. S21 (abstract) (1977)Google Scholar
- 5.Khanna, S.M., Leonard, D.G.B. Cochlear damage incurred during preparation for and measurement of basilar membrane vibrations. (In preparation) (1981 B)Google Scholar
- 6.Rhode, W.S. Some observation on cochlear mechanics. J. Acoust. Soc. Am. 64, 158–176 (1978)Google Scholar
- 7.Khanna, S.M., Leonard, D.G.B. Basilar membrane tuning in the cat cochlea. (In preparation) (1981 C)Google Scholar
- 9.Supported by NIH Grants # 5 K04 NS 00292 and # 5 RO1 NS 03654Google Scholar