Precision Studies in 3-Level Systems
We have performed precision high resolution studies of the interaction of two monochromatic laser fields with a cascade 3-level system in an atomic beam and with a folded 3-level system in a vapor. Such experimental studies provide important and fundamental information about the nature of atom-field interaction and can be compared directly with theoretical predictions [1–3].
KeywordsPump Beam Pump Laser Atomic Beam Probe Laser Pump Intensity
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.S.H. Autler and C.H. Townes, Phys, Rev., 100, 703 (1955); M.S. Feld and A. Javan, Phys. Rev. 177, 540 (1969); T. Hansch and P. Toschek, IEEE J. Quant. Elect. 4, 467 (1968); B.J. Feldman and M.S. Feld, Phys. Rev. A5, 899 (1972); I.M. Beterov and V.P. Chebotayev, Progress in Quantum Electronics, edited by J.H. Sanders et al, Pergamon Press 1973; C. Delsart and J.C. Keller, J. Phys. (Paris) 39, 350 (1978); B.R. Mollow, Phys. Rev. A5, 1522, (1972); R.M. Whiteley and C.R. Stroud, Phys. Rev. A14, 1498 (1976); C. Cohen-Tannoudji and S. Reynaud, J. Phys. B10, 345 (1977).Google Scholar
- 4.W.L. Wiese, M.W. Smith, and B.M. Miles, Atomic Transition Probabilities, vol. 2, NSRDS, NBS (1969).Google Scholar
- 5.P.R. Hemmer, F.Y. Wu, and S. Ezekiel, Opt. Commun., to be published.Google Scholar
- 6.P.R. Hemmer, B.W. Peuse, F.Y. Wu, J.E. Thomas, and S. Ezekiel, to be published.Google Scholar
- 7.R.E. Tench, J.E. Thomas, and S. Ezekiel, to be published.Google Scholar