Mössbauer Study of Ferrite-garnets as Matrixes for Disposal of Highly Radioactive Waste Products
Mössbauer study of synthesized ferrite-garnet samples containing Zr, Th, Ce and Gd of the following composition: 1C — Ca2, 5 Ce0, 5 Zr2 Fe3 O12, 2C — Ca1, 5 GdCe0, 5 ZrFeFe3 O12, 1T — Ca2, 5 Th0,5Zr2 Fe3 O12 and 2T — Ca1, 5 GdTh0, 5 ZrFeFe3 O12 are carried out. As a result of 57Fe Mössbauer study it is found that iron atoms in all investigated samples of garnets are in a trivalent state. The analysis of experimental Mössbauer spectra definitely specifies a various structural state of iron atoms in two investigated groups of samples: 1T, 1C and 2T, 2C. X-ray study have shown that 1T and 1C garnet samples crystallize in tetragonal space group I41/acd, but 2T and 2C samples crystallize in cubic space group Ia3d.
Key wordsMössbauer spectroscopy ferrite-garnet actinide subspectra distribution function
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.Nikolaev, V.I., Rusakov, V.S.: Mössbauer study on ferrites. Izd-vo Mosk. University, Moscow (1985). 224p. [in Russian]Google Scholar
- 2.Rusakov, V.S.: Izv. Ross. Akad. Nauk. Ser. Fiz. 63, 1389 (1999), [in Russian]Google Scholar
- 3.Rusakov, V.S.: Mössbauer Spectroscopy of Local Inhomogeneous Systems. Almaty, INP NNC of Kazakstan (2000). 431p. [in Russian]Google Scholar
- 5.Parish, R.V.: Mössbauer spectroscopy and the chemical bond. In: Dickson, D.P.E., Berry, F.J. (eds.) Mössbauer Spectroscopy. Cambridge University Press, Cambridge (1986). London, New York, New Rochelle, Melbourne, Sydney. 274p.Google Scholar
- 6.Shabalin, B.G., Polshin, E.V., Titov, Yu.O., Bogacheva, D.O.: Miner. Zh. 25, 41 (2003)Google Scholar