Dynamically Stable Walking and Kicking Gait Planning for Humanoid Soccer Robots
Humanoid dynamic walk and kick are two main technical challenges for the current Humanoid League. In this paper, we conduct a research aiming at generating dynamically stable walking and kicking gait for humanoid soccer robots with consideration of different constraints. Two methods are presented. One is synthesizing gait based on constraint equations, which has formulated gait synthesis as an optimization problem with consideration of some constraints, e.g. zero-moment point (ZMP) constraints for dynamically stable locomotion, internal forces constraints for smooth transition, geometric constraints for walking on an uneven floor and etc. The other is generating feasible gait based on human kicking motion capture data (HKMCD), which uses periodic joint motion corrections at selected joints to approximately match the desired ZMP trajectory. The effectiveness of the proposed dynamically stable gait planning approach for humanoid walking on a sloping surface and humanoid kicking on an even floor has been successfully tested on our newly developed Robo-Erectus humanoid soccer robots, which won second place in the RoboCup 2002 Humanoid Walk competition and got first place in the RoboCup 2003 Humanoid Free Performance competition.
KeywordsHumanoid Robot Biped Robot Zero Moment Point Stable Gait Double Support Phasis
- 2.Dasgupta, A., Nakamura, Y.: Making feasible walking motion of humanoid robots from human motion capture data. In: Proc. the 1999 IEEE Intl. Conf. on Robotics & Automation, Detroit, Michigan, May 1999, pp. 1044–1049 (1999)Google Scholar
- 6.Kajita, S., Kanehiro, F., Kaneko, K., Fujiwara, K., Yokoi, K., Hirukawa, H.: A realtime pattern generator for biped walking. In: Proc. the 2002 IEEE Intl. Conf. on Robotics & Automation (ICRA 2002), Washington DC, May 2002, pp. 31–37 (2002)Google Scholar
- 10.Tang, Z., Zhou, C., Sun, Z.: Trajectory planning for smooth transition of a biped robot. In: 2003 IEEE International Conference on Robotics and Automation (ICRA 2003), Taibei, Taiwan, September 2003, pp. 2455–2460 (2003)Google Scholar
- 12.Vukobratovic, M., Borovac, B., Surdilivic, D.: Zero-moment point – proper interpretation and new applications. In: Proc. IEEE-RAS Intl. Conf. on Humanoid Robots, pp. 239–244 (2001)Google Scholar
- 16.Zhou, C., Yue, P.K., Tang, Z., Sun, Z.Q.: Development of Robo-Erectus: A soccer-playing humanoid robot. In: Proc. IEEE-RAS RAS Intl. Conf. on Humanoid Robots, CD-ROM (2003)Google Scholar