Watermarking System for QoS Aware Content Adaptation
Video transcoding technology is useful for seamless video service to guarantee quality of service (QoS). But video transcoding would distort the watermark signal embedded in the video content. In this paper, we propose a watermarking system that guarantees detecting watermark signal even after video transcoding. We analyzed the effect of video transcoding for watermark signal. Based on the analysis, metadata based approach is proposed to keep watermark in the video transcoding under QoS guaranteeing service environment. We performed experiments with widely used watermark algorithms to verify that the proposed watermarking system is useful.
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.Thang, T.C., Jung, Y.J., Ro, Y.M.: On Some QoS Aspects of User Profile in Universal Multimedia Access. In: EEE TENCON, Bangalore, India, October 2003, pp. 591–595 (2003)Google Scholar
- 3.MPEG-21 Requirements on Digital Item Adaptation, ISO/IEC/JTC1/SC29/WG11 N4684, Jeju (March 2002)Google Scholar
- 4.Jung, Y.J., Ro, Y.M.: Joint Spatio-SNR-Temporal Rate Control and Distortion Modeling for Quality Tradeoffs in Video Transcoding. In: WIAMIS, Portugal (April 2004)Google Scholar
- 5.Alghoniemy, M., Tewfik, A.H.: Geometric Distortions Correction in Image Watermarking. In: IEEE International Conference on Multimedia and Expo., pp. 82–89 (2000)Google Scholar
- 6.Ozer, I., Ramkumar, M., Akansu, A.: A New Method for Detection of Watermarks in Geometrically Distorted Images. In: Procedding of IEEE International Conf. on Accoustic, Speech, and Signal Processing, June 2000, pp. 5–9 (2000)Google Scholar
- 7.Cox, I.J., Miller, M.L.: A Review of Watermarking and the Importance of Perceptual Modeling. In: Proc. SPIE Conf. on Human Vision and Electronic Imaging II, vol. 3016, February 1997, pp. 92–99 (1997)Google Scholar
- 10.Zhu, W., Xiong, Z., Zhang, Y.Q.: Joint wavelet compression and authentication watermarking. In: Proceedings of the IEEE International Conference on Image Processing, October 1998, pp. 465–467 (1998)Google Scholar
- 12.Langelaar, G.C., Lagendijk, R.L.: Optimal Differential Energy Watermarking of DCT Encoded Image and Video. IEEE Transaction on Image Processing 10(1) (January 2001)Google Scholar
- 13.Cox, I.J., Miller, M.L., Bloom, J.A.: Digital Watermarking, pp. 240–277. Morgan Kaufmann publishers, San Francisco (2002)Google Scholar
- 14.George, M., Chouinard, J.V., Georganas, N.: Digital watermarking of images and video using direct sequence spread spectrum techniques. IEEE Canadian Conference on Electrical and Computer Engineering 1, 116–121 (1999)Google Scholar