A Multi-feature Based Invertible Authentication Watermarking for JPEG Images
Invertible authentication techniques have been used in some special applications (such as medical or military applications), where original data can be recovered after being authenticated. In this paper, we proposed a new scheme combine features (relation of coefficients) in DCT domain with content features (edges or textures) of JPEG image into multi-feature, which is useful to authenticate images in both spatial and frequency domains. A novel invertible data embedding mechanism based on random walk is proposed. Experimental results show that the algorithm is sensitive to intended tampers while accepting appropriate JPEG recompressions, and even more, it has the ability to locate corrupt areas. Compared with authentication scheme based on features extracted from single domain, the “miss alarm” probability of our scheme is much lower.
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.Lin, C.-Y., Chang, S.-F.: Issues and Solutions for Authenticating MPEG Video. In: SPIE Conf. on Security and Watermarking of Multimedia Contents, San Jose, CA, January 1999, vol. 3657, pp. 54–65 (1999)Google Scholar
- 2.Fridrich, J., Goljan, M., Du, R.: Invertible Authentication Watermark for JPEG Images. In: ITCC 2001, Las Vegas, Nevada, April 2-4, pp. 223–227 (2001)Google Scholar
- 3.Honsinger, C.W., Jones, P., Rabbani, M., Stoffel, J.C.: Lossless Recovery of an Original Image Containing Embedded Data. US Patent 6, 278, 791 (August 2001)Google Scholar
- 4.Bhattacharjee, S., Kutter, M.: Compression Tolerant Image Authentication. In: IEEE International Conf. on Image Processing, Chicago (October 1998)Google Scholar
- 5.Queluz, M.P.: Content-based Integrity Protection of Digital Images. In: SPIE Conf. on Security and Watermarking of Multimedia Contents, San Jose, CA, January 1999, vol. 3657, pp. 85–93 (1999)Google Scholar
- 6.Tian, J.: Wavelet-based reversible watermarking for authentication. In: Proc. Security and Watermarking of Multimedia Contents IV, Electronic Imaging 2002, January 20-25, vol. 4675, pp. 679–690 (2002)Google Scholar
- 7.Vleeschouwer, C.D., Delaigle, J.F., Macq, B.: Circular Interpretation of Bijective Transformations in lossless Watermarking for Media Asset Management. In: IEEE Transaction on Multimedia (March 2003)Google Scholar