Active Information Based RRK Routing for Mobile Ad Hoc Network
In mobile ad hoc network, unlike in wired networks, a path configuration should be in advance of data transmission along a routing path. Frequent movement of mobile nodes, however, makes it difficult to maintain the configured path and requires re-configuration of the path very often. It may also leads to serious problems such as deterioration of QoS in mobile ad-hoc networks. In this paper, we proposed a Reactive Routing Keyword (RRK) routing procedure to solve those problems. Firstly, we noticed it is possible in RRK routing to assign multiple routing paths to the destination node. We applied this feature into active networks and SNMP information based routing by storing unique keywords in cache of mobile nodes corresponding to present and candidate routings in a path configuration procedure. It was shown that the deterioration of QoS, which may be observed in DSR protocol, was greatly mitigated by using the proposed routing technique.
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.Perkins, C.E.: Ad Hoc Networking. Addison-Wesley, Reading (2001)Google Scholar
- 2.Kumar, A., Karnik, A.: Performance Analysis of Wireless Ad Hoc Networks. The Handbook of Ad-hoc Wireless Networks, ch. 5. CRC Press LLC, Boca Raton (2003)Google Scholar
- 3.IETF MANET Working Group, http://www.ietf.org/html.charters/manet-charter.html
- 4.Analysis for Electronic Telecommunication Trends. ETRI 18(2) (2003)Google Scholar
- 6.Tennenhouse, D.L., Smith, J.M., Sincoskie, W.D., Wetherall, D.J., Minden, G.J.: A Survey of Active Network Research. IEEE Communications MagazineGoogle Scholar
- 7.Ilyads, M.(ed.) The Handbook of Ad-hoc Wireless Networks. CRC Press LLC, Boca Raton (2003)Google Scholar
- 8.IETF MANET Working Group, http://www.ietf.org/html.charters/manet-charter.html
- 9.Autoconfiguration Technology for IPv6 Ad-hoc Mobile Wireless Network, IPv6 Forum Korea Technical Doc. (2003-001)Google Scholar
- 10.Park, K.B.: Active Network based Reliable Data Transmission for Mobile Ad hoc Network. Ph.D. Thesis in MyungJi University, Korea (2002)Google Scholar
- 11.Mark, A., Miller, P.E.: Inside Secrets SNMP Managing Internetworks. TA Press (1998)Google Scholar
- 12.Agrawal, D.P., Zeng, Q.-a.: Intorduction to Wirless and Mobile Systems. Thomson Brooks/Cole (2003)Google Scholar
- 13.Gupta, P., Kumar, P.R.: Critical Powers for Asymptotic Connectivity in Wireless Networks. A Volume in Honor of W.H. Fleming in Stochastic Analysis, Control, Optimizations and Applications (1998)Google Scholar
- 14.Panchpakesan, P., Manjunath, D.: On Transmission Range in Dense Ad Hoc Radio Networks. In: Conference on Signal Processing and Communications SPCOM, IISc, Bangalore (2001)Google Scholar