Simulation of Artificial Life Model in Game Space
Game designer generally fixes the distribution and characteristics of game characters. These could not possibly be changed during playing a game. The point of view at online game player, usually the game playing time is getting longer. So online game is bored because of fixed distribution and characteristics of game characters. In this study, we propose and simulate the system about distribution and characteristics of NPCs. NPCs’ special qualities can be evolved according to their environments by applying gene algorithm. It also produces various special quality NPCs from a few kinds of NPCs through evolution. Game character group’s movement can be expressed more realistically by applied Flocking algorithm.
KeywordsGenetic Code Special Quality Online Game Life Model Hybridization Operator
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.Song, B.K.: Design for Intuitive Modeling of FSM Editor. Korea Information Science Society, 458–460 (2003)Google Scholar
- 2.Song, B.K.: NPC NPC developing system at MMORPG. Inje Journal 18(1), 411–418 (2003)Google Scholar
- 3.Reynolds, C.W.: Flocks, Herdsm and Schools: A Distribute Behavioral Model, in Computer Graphics. In: SIGGRAPH 1987, pp. 25–34 (1987)Google Scholar
- 4.Glodberg, D.E.: Genetic Algorithms in Search, Optimization and Machine Learning. Addison-Wesley, Reading (1989)ISBN 0-201-15767-5Google Scholar
- 5.Collins, R.J.: Studies in Artificial Evolution. Phd Thesis, Philosophy in Computer Science, University of California, Los Angeles (1992)Google Scholar
- 6.Gutowitz, H.: A Tutorial introduction to Swarm. Technical report, The Santa Fe Institute. Santa Fr Institute Preprint Series (1993)Google Scholar
- 7.Kaza, J.R.: Genetic Programming: On the programming of computers by means of natural selection. MIT Press, Cambridge (1992)Google Scholar
- 8.Menczer93, F., Belew, R.K.: Latent energy environments: A tool for artificial life simulations. Technical Report CS93 298 (1993)Google Scholar