A Fundamental Web-Board System Toward the Adaptive Mobile School Web Site
With the advance of information communication technology, specifically the Internet technology, most schools have developed their own sites for the communication of diverse parties such as students, their parents, teachers, and others. The purpose of this research is to develop the Web-board system for schools, which can be applied to the adaptive school Web site. It would the foundation for the mobile school Web site. This Web-board system is designed to reflect the educational environments as well as the user characteristics under the idea of customization and optimization. The main advantage of this Web-board system is that it can allow the easy access to the system through user-friendly interface, and also promote interactions among users through their personalized Web pages.
KeywordsWeb-board Bulletin Board Adaptive Web Site Mobile Web Site
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.Anderson, T., McKell, M.: A Component Model for Standardized Web-based Education. Journal of Engineering Resources in Computing 1(2) (2001)Google Scholar
- 2.Bauer, J.F.: Assessing Student Work from Chatrooms and Bulletin Boards. New Directions for Teaching & Learning (91), 36–46 (2002)Google Scholar
- 3.Brusilovsky, P., Rizzo, R.: Map-based Horizontal Navigation in Educational Hypertext. in: Proceedings of 13th ACM International Conference on Hypertext and Hypermedia, pp. 1–10 (2002)Google Scholar
- 6.Perkowitz, M., Etzioni, O.: Adaptive Sites: an AI Challenge. In: Proceedings of the 15th International Joint Conference on AI (1997)Google Scholar
- 7.Ray, U.: Prepare Engineers for a Future with Collaborative Technology. Computer Applications in Engineering Education 6(2), 99–104 (1999)Google Scholar
- 10.Tetiwat, O., Lgbaria, M.: Web-based Learning and Teaching Technologies: Opportunities and Challenges. Journal of Engineering Resources in Computing 1(2), 17–32 (2000)Google Scholar