Design and Implementation of Mobile Class Web Site for Promoting Communication
This research is to develop mobile class Web sites for elementary schools. Even though traditional class Web sites have promoted the collaboration among teachers, students, and students’ parents, their communication has been restricted to wired networks. However, with the development of wireless data transmission technologies, traditional class Web sites can be linked with wireless networks. Armed with wireless transmission handset devices such as cellular phones and PDA (personal digital assistants), students’ parents can get class information directly through those devices. This research is to develop class Web sites that can be synergistically linked between wired and wireless networks. The communication through both wired and wireless networks enables students’ parents to overcome the limitation of space and time, and further promotes better collaboration with teachers.
KeywordsWireless Networks Mobile Networks Class Web Sites Wireless Internet
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.Jang, B.: Design and Implementation of Educational Information Delivery System using Wireless Internet, Master’s Thesis, Hanyang University, Seoul, Korea (2000) Google Scholar
- 2.Hamby, J.V.: The School-Family Link: A Key to Dropout Prevention. In: Kaplan, L. (ed.) Education and the Family, Allyn, Bacon, Massachusetts, USA (1995)Google Scholar
- 3.Ahn, G.: Design and Implementation of Automatic Study Information Delivery System using Wireless Internet, Master’s Thesis, Graduate School of Education, Shinra Univeristy, Korea (2002) Google Scholar
- 4.Kim, C.: A Study on the Development of Mobile Cultural Contents, Master’s Thesis, Graduate School of Arts, Chungang University, Korea (2002) Google Scholar
- 5.Lee, B.: A Study on the Design Guide for Beginners in Mobile Internet, Master’s Thesis, Dept. of Information & Industrial Engineering, Hongik University, Korea (2002) Google Scholar
- 6.Kim, D.: Design of a Distance Education System using Wireless Internet, Master’s Thesis, Dept. of Computer Information, Konkook University, Korea (2002)Google Scholar
- 7.Park, K.: Design and Implementation of English Listening Study System in Mobile Environment, Graduate School of Education, Shinra Univesity, Korea (2002)Google Scholar