A Framework for Semantic Grid Service Discovery
Grid computing provides key infrastructure for distributed problem solving in dynamic virtual organizations. It has been adopted by many scientific projects, and industrial interest is rising rapidly. Compared with traditional single computer system, effective service locating in Grid is difficult because of huge amount and wide-area distribution of dynamical services. This paper presents a new Grid framework that discovery services through the overlay network based on Grid service description semantic vectors generated by Latent Semantic Indexing (LSI) . This framework uses WSRF as its base architecture and regards each Grid node as a register node to publish service that enables it has better scalability. Comparing with other Grid services discovery techniques those are based on simple keyword matching, our framework has better accuracy for it considers the advanced relevance among Grid descriptions.
KeywordsService Discovery Overlay Network Latent Semantic Indexing Simple Object Access Protocol Semantic Vector
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 2.Foster, I., Kesselman, C. (eds.): The Grid: Blueprint for a Future Computing Infrastructure (1999)Google Scholar
- 3.Foster, I., Kesselman, C., Nick, J.M., Tuecke, S.: The Physiology of the Grid: An Open Grid Services Architecture for Distributed Systems Integration (2002), Downloadable as, http://www.globus.org/research/papers/ogsa.pdf
- 4.Chandra, P., Chu, Y.-H., Fisher, A., Gao, J., Kosak, C., Ng, T.S.E., Steenkiste, P., Takahashi, E., Zhang, H.: Darwin: Customisable Resource Management for Value-Added Network Services. IEEE Network 15(1) (January 2001)Google Scholar
- 5.Arnod, O.: Sullivand, Scheier, Waldo, and Wollrath. The Jini Specification. Sun Microsystems (1999)Google Scholar
- 6.XML Protocol Activity (2000), http://www.w3.org/2000/xp
- 7.Web Services Description Language, WSDL (2001), http://www.w3.org/TR/wsdl
- 8.Universal Description, Discovery and Integration of Business of the Web (2001), http://www.uddi.org
- 9.Foster, I., Kesselman, C., Nick, J.M., Tuecke, S.: The Physiology of the Grid. Computer 35(6) (2002)Google Scholar
- 11.Ratnasamy, S., Francis, P., Handley, M., Karp, R., Shenker, S.: A scalable –addressable network. ACM SIGCOMM 2001 (August 2001)Google Scholar
- 12.Czajkowski, K., Ferguson, D., Foster, I., et al.: The WS-Resource Framework. In: GGF10 (March 2004)Google Scholar