Retrospect and Prospect of Formal Methods Education in China
- 271 Downloads
Formal methods can enhance the security and reliability of software and benefit software developers in comprehending systems. The progress of formal methods, however, will strongly depend on formal methods education that cultivates executive talents. In this paper, we review the present status of formal methods education in China and analyze its features in view of occidental and oriental culture. We present some advice for steady and sustained development of Chinese formal education. We conclude that if carrying out some proper innovation, China will make great contribution in the future to formal methods development in the world.
KeywordsModel Check Formal Method Formal Language Reliable Software Formal Meth
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 3.NASA JPL: Formal Methods Specification and Verification Guidebook for Software and Computer Systems, Pasadena , CA , USA. (Manual) - Vol (I) : Planning and Technology Insertion , (NASA2GB2002295), (1995) - Vol (II): A Practitioner’s Companion, (NASA2GB2001297) (1997) Google Scholar
- 4.Website, CS Department of Peking University, Beijing, China, http://www.cs.pku.edu.cn/
- 5.Website, CS Department of Nanjing University, Nanjing, China, http://www.cs.nju.edu.cn/
- 6.Website, CS & Engineering School of Beijing University of Aeronautics and Astronautics, Beijing, China, http://scse.buaa.edu.cn/
- 7.Website, CS Department of Shanghai Jiao Tong University, Shanghai, China, http://www.cs.sjtu.edu.cn/
- 8.Website, CS & Technology School of Jilin University, Jilin, China, http://info.jlu.edu.cn/~cs/
- 9.Website, CS & Engineering Department of Southeast University, Nanjing, China, http://cse.seu.edu.cn/
- 11.Hinchey, M.G., Bowen, J.P.: Applications of Formal Methods FAQ. In: Applications of Formal Methods, pp. 1–15. Prentice Hall, Englewood Cliffs (1995)Google Scholar
- 12.Clarke, E., Wing, J.: Formal Methods: State of the Art and Future Directions. CMU Com-puter Science Technical Report CMU 2CS2962178, pp. 1–22 (1996)Google Scholar
- 13.Chen, H.W., Qi, Z.C., Wang, B.S., Ning, H., Tan, Q.P.: A Framework for Rigorous Software Development (in Chinese). Journal of Software 7(3), 187–193 (1996)Google Scholar
- 14.Fu, Q.: Inquiry Learning under Western and Oriental Cultural Environment (in Chinese). Communications on Education Technology (2003)Google Scholar