A Novel Agent-Based Load Balancing Algorithm for Grid Computing
This paper presents an agent-based resource scheduling algorithm for Grid computing systems. With this scheduling algorithm, the computational resources of the Grid can be dynamically scheduled according to the real-time working load on each node. Thus a Grid system can hold an excellent load balance state. Furthermore, the application of this algorithm is introduced into the practical protein molecules docking applications, which run at the DDG, a Grid computing system for drug discovery and design. Solid experimental results show the load balance and robustness of the proposed algorithm.
KeywordsSchedule Algorithm Load Balance Grid Computing Coalition Formation Resource Unit
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 2.The Intel Philanthropic Peer-to-Peer Program, http://www.intel.com/cure
- 3.Anderson, D., Cobb, J., Korpela, E., Lebofsky, M., Werthimer, D.: Massively distributed computing for SETI. Computing in Science & Engineering (February 2001)Google Scholar
- 5.Oram, A. (ed.): Peer-to-Peer: Harnessing the Power of Disruptive Technologies. O’Reilly & Associates, Sebastopol (2001)Google Scholar
- 6.Montresor, A., Meling, H.: Messor. Load-balancing through a swarm of autonomous agents. Technical Report, Dept. of Computer Science, University of Bologna, UBLCS-02- 08 (May 2002)Google Scholar
- 7.Babaoglu, O., Meling, H., Montresor, A.: Anthill: A framework for the development of agent-based peer-to-peer system. In: Proc. Of the 22th Int. Conf. On Distributed Computing Systems (July 2002)Google Scholar
- 8.Lerman, K., Shehory, O.: Coalition formation for large-scale electronic markets. In: Proceedings of the Internal Conference on Multi-Agent Systems, ICMAS 2000 (2000)Google Scholar
- 9.Wang, Y., Liu, J.: Macroscopic model of agent-based load balancing on grids. In: AAMAS 2003 (2003)Google Scholar