An Approach for Constructing Software Component Repository in Grid Environments
Software component repository is practical and efficient for reusers to develop software based on components. To share component resources in the grid environments, there should be a software component repository, which can realize the sharing of software components resources and related services. In this thesis a framework to construct software component repository by web service and grid technology is proposed. In the framework, an improved reuse-oriented faceted classification to accomplish scientifically classifying and managing software components is included. Utilizing the feature of supporting external taxonomies in UDDI2.0, the component classification is integrated into UDDI in the form of tModel and the taxonomy validation service associated with the classification is also given. Finally, we give a prototype system based on this framework and discuss the future work.
KeywordsGrid Environment Grid Service Grid Technology Component Classification Facet Classification
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.Szyperski, C.: Component Software. Addison Wesely, Reading (1999)Google Scholar
- 2.Foster, I., Kesselman, C., Nick, J., Tuecke, S.: Grid Services for Distributed System Integration. Computer 35(6) (2002)Google Scholar
- 3.Foster, I., Kesselman, C., Nick, J., Tuecke, S.: The Physiology of the Grid: An Open Grid Services Architecture for Distributed Systems Integration. In: Proceedings of the 5th Global Grid Forum Workshop (GGF5), Edinburgh, Scotland (July 2002)Google Scholar
- 4.Providing a Taxonomy for Use in UDDI Version 2.0, OASIS Open (2002), http://www.oasis-open.org/committees/uddi-pec/doc/tcspecs.htm#uddiv2
- 5.Reuse Library Interoperability Group, RIG Basic Interoperability Data Model (BIDM), RPS-0001 (April 1993)Google Scholar
- 6.Reuse Library Interoperability Group, RIG Uniform Data Model for Reuse Libraries (UDM), RPS-0002 (January 1994)Google Scholar
- 7.STARS, Asset Library Open Architecture Framework Version 1.2, Informal Technical Report, STARS-TC-04041/001/02 (August 1992)Google Scholar
- 8.Johes, G., Prieto-Diaz, R.: Building and Managing Software Libraries. In: Proceedings of Twelfth International on Computer Software and Applications Conference, COMPSAC 1988 (1988)Google Scholar
- 9.UDDI Vision 2.0 API Specification, UDDI Version 2.0, OASIS Open (November 2002), http://uddi.org/pubs/ProgrammersAPI-V2.04-Published-20020719.html